Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2020.28.5 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amongst the features of the above update which I have just received on my MS Raven is that Tesla Arcade has been removed for Model S and X owners in Hong Kong, following a previous removal of the feature from the Model 3 in the region last month. I understand that this is due to a revised requirement from Transport Department

I am not going to rant and rave about this, because in my opinion the Hong Kong version of the Tesla Arcade was so limited in any case that the complete removal of th Arcade is not any loss to me.

I think the bigger concern are the "Local Regulations" in Hong Kong and their application to useful features such as "Summons" which is removed in Hong Kong but could be so helpful in getting your car in and out of a typical small sized Hong Kong carpark space.

What can be done to liberalise the "Local Regulations"

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I've spent many hours and days working on this, but hit a brick wall every time. Tried press, Ombudsman, Legco, and appeals direct to TD.

The core problem is that the regulations are so very tight that everything is illegal (even things in common use in cars today such as clocks, date/time displays, etc - all silently ignored "tolerated" by TD).

A good start would be relaxing CAP374A section 37 to only apply when the vehicle is not in PARK.

Summon would be incredibly useful but will need either a waiver or a change to the legislation concerning running the 'engine' of a vehicle without someone in the driver's seat. I hear that there is some progress on this (as vehicle manufacturer's other than Tesla are now introducing that feature).