Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2021 SR+ Won't drive (BMS_a151 BMS_a192 BMS_a035)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 1.5 Months of waiting, I finally received my delivery last week on 12/28.

This morning, I go to my car and get three error messages: BMS_a151, VCFRONT_a192, BMS_a035

The gear will not change to either drive or reverse even though it had 208 miles of range. I called roadside assistance, and they towed my car. After 3+ hours of waiting, I still have not heard back from the service center, and just stuck without a car.

What can I expect from the 3 error messages in terms of duration of the fix or the severity of the damage? There seems to be different but limited explanations online.

After 1.5 Months of waiting, I finally received my delivery last week on 12/28.

This morning, I go to my car and get three error messages: BMS_a151, VCFRONT_a192, BMS_a035

The gear will not change to either drive or reverse even though it had 208 miles of range. I called roadside assistance, and they towed my car. After 3+ hours of waiting, I still have not heard back from the service center, and just stuck without a car.

What can I expect from the 3 error messages in terms of duration of the fix or the severity of the damage? There seems to be different but limited explanations online.
Looks like your 12V battery has died. Try replacing it in advance next time. Winter and old batteries dont mix well.

These appear to be isolation faults, but I'm not sure of which kind exactly. Something of some voltage (maybe high voltage) is touching something it shouldn't, or insulation has been damaged or chewed (rodents can do this).

You'll definitely need the Service Center to evaluate what has happened, as the cause can be quite varying which also means the fix time can be quite varying. It's doubtful that any massive damage has occurred (the car does isolation tests to make sure nothing, including people, get damaged), but do keep us updated!

Ouch! I guess I'm lucky that my brand new 2020 only had a paint defect (requiring 3 days in a body shop) and a non-working camera (requiring a full day at Tesla service). Hopefully the process won't take a month like mine. Your issues are obviously very urgent though, so hopefully Tesla will pull through for you. Good luck and please do share the results!

Reactions: swingforeright
UPDATE:
I got a call from the service center just now.
The issue was with the AC Compressor and the harness.
They need to order the parts, so I am still in the dark on how long this will take.
thank you everyone for the feedback.

Did they offer you a loaner vehicle? They should. If not - don’t hesitate to give them a call and request one if you need it.

Sorry to hear about the failure but the good news is that, once fixed, you’ll have hundreds of thousands of miles of great driving!

Looks like your 12V battery has died. Try replacing it in advance next time. Winter and old batteries dont mix well.

First and foremost, WRONG. Problem is with the AC compressor.

Secondly, the car was delivered a week and a half before the problem - how much “in advance” did you want the OP to unnecessarily replace their battery?

Well... Tesla has achieved the deliveries target, at least it's good they didn't forget to equip your car with all 4 wheels.

Unfortunately, while Tesla is rapidly growing and we keep buying their cars faster than they can make them, it will be hard to expect a lot of improvement in their manufacturing culture. I love the car for its design, driving, and software, but the quality is not the brightest side of Tesla.