Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla 21" Staggered Arachnid Wheels in Graphite Finish BRAND NEW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are selling a brand new set of Tesla 21" Staggered Arachnid Wheels in gloss graphite finish.

These are FORGED wheels, these are not cheap cast wheels like the stock turbines that retail for $6,000 from Tesla. The turbine wheels are not only heavier, they are also not as strong nor efficient.

The weight savings is approximately 10lbs up front and 7lbs in the rear. Lighter weight wheels contribute to higher efficiency because they don't have to turn as much weight to get you moving.

These wheels sell new for $7,600 directly from Tesla if you could order it.

We are asking only $4,800 for this brand new set of wheels only!

i-XnhCxfM-X3.jpg

i-Dmdq5Sr-X3.jpg

i-khJ8WBn-X3.jpg

i-4dmkh6C-X3.jpg

i-Pctc65n-X3.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?! Like magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lighter than other 21s maybe but not so much more than then 19s. Will still have the other issues. Some people love the bigger rims though.

Yes it is lighter so we had to correct you sorry. Best not to mislead people thinking that Forged 21" are heavier because they are not. Forged wheels have always been the material of choice for any performance vehicle. Less weight will allow for higher performance and efficiency. So many positives to have lightweight wheels. Suspension performs faster, brakes stop quicker, acceleration is faster, etc. It is just physics. Yes 21" isn't for everyone but this definitely is the only choice if anyone wants a lightweight 21" OEM wheel.

Yes it is lighter so we had to correct you sorry. Best not to mislead people thinking that Forged 21" are heavier because they are not. Forged wheels have always been the material of choice for any performance vehicle. Less weight will allow for higher performance and efficiency. So many positives to have lightweight wheels. Suspension performs faster, brakes stop quicker, acceleration is faster, etc. It is just physics. Yes 21" isn't for everyone but this definitely is the only choice if anyone wants a lightweight 21" OEM wheel.

Talk about misleading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just few more!!!!!!!!!!!
"Less weight will allow for higher performance and efficiency. So many positives to have lightweight wheels. Suspension performs faster, brakes stop quicker, acceleration is faster, etc. It is just physics."

A couple of pounds won't do any of that, not in any realistically easily measurable way or at all. The negatives of the larger Rim are real and few inches less of a tire out of a just a few inches of tire will do that.

I'd really like to eat lunch but I don't want my suspension to perform slower or my brakes to stop slower or my acceleration to go to poop.

We've been performance enthusiasts for years. Lightweight wheels offer advantages, its just a fact. If you don't want to accept facts I don't know how else to help you understand. I don't mean to offend you, but offering factual information for you to understand. We hope you can appreciate the facts.

Wheel Tech, Part I: Wheel Weight Slows You Down

Since you say we are misleading. Lets show the facts and it will speak for itself. OEM 19" Wheels weigh 30lbs~ and the Forged 21" weighs 26lbs~. To us performance minded individuals that is a significant savings.

i-5W5b9DP-X2.jpg

i-NHhP2mL-X2.jpg

Just because you can say it's harder to turn a heavier wheel doesn't mean that it's actually going to be of any significance in the weights that you're dealing with.

You are not listing the weights right and if every single ounce counts. That extra three tenths of a pound is going to totally destroy the performance. One site lists the front and rear Rim having a different weight, is that a different set?

Your own agenda source even says, you may notice. Even that it is highly optimistic again, you're not going to be able to measure any of the things you've mentioned in any measurable way other than some super totally accurate equipment that can measure such things.

You're way past any realistic point of diminishing returns. You've got to remove hundreds of pounds before you can really talk about any of the benefit you mentioned.

If you just really love the way they look and are willing to deal with the negatives go for it but the price is high and you're not going to get any tangible performance benefits. Go nuts get the carbon fiber ones.

Well I don't know about the specifics. However, I upgraded from the 19" stock wheels to the 21" Arachnid wheels about a month back. Held the 19" wheel (without tire) in one hand and the 21" wheel in the other. Arachnid wheel is definitely lighter.

Do you own a Tesla or just a fan?

Reactions: EVS Motors
Well I don't know about the specifics. However, I upgraded from the 19" stock wheels to the 21" Arachnid wheels about a month back. Held the 19" wheel (without tire) in one hand and the 21" wheel in the other. Arachnid wheel is definitely lighter.

Do you own a Tesla or just a fan?

I was looking at another set of 21s. All the others I saw said they were 4-8lbs heavier than the 19s. These are special in that they are actually a little tiny 2.xxlbs bit lighter. I’m just giving him grief about the over the top unrealistic performance clams.

I have an S and it’s the fastest accelerating car I’ve ever owned. Off the line is fun and all. It is also the noisiest car I’ve had, wind and road. I knew about this going in and that is one of a number of reasons I got the 19s. I think that is why so many talk about how noisy the S is, not as many have had 21” rims before. Many will point out that there is no ICE making noise so you notice other sounds more. Maybe but my truck and other sedans just don’t make that much noise unless you are revving the engine.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVS Motors