Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 close window button location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the first longish drive in my 3 yesterday and in my opinion the close window icon X is in the wrong location for a right hand drive car.

Here you can see it’s in the top left of the screen. It takes some reaching from the drivers location.

I think the icon should be in the bottom right where is it far easier to locate while driving.

I guess the same problem would exist with left hand drive cars because their screens are reversed.

Have a think about it next time you are out driving.

56B9CB42-1EE0-46FC-B350-68BBA7A72940.jpeg

I think the icon should be in the bottom right where is it far easier to locate while driving.

I guess the same problem would exist with left hand drive cars because their screens are reversed.

The icon is always at the top-left regardless of left or right hand drive. But of course the top-left makes more sense when its RHD since its closer to the driver.

Dont forget there are voice command to open/close pretty much all the screens. Much safer than ANY button while driving.

The icon is always at the top-left regardless of left or right hand drive. But of course the top-left makes more sense when its RHD since its closer to the driver.

Dont forget there are voice command to open/close pretty much all the screens. Much safer than ANY button while driving.

Unless they have improved significantly, The voice commands have been next to useless every time i have tried to use them. They don't understand basic commands. (For Clarity, I have not tested them since about Feb, as i just could not be bothered as they where slow, wrong and frustrating. So they may have improved)

Did the first longish drive in my 3 yesterday and in my opinion the close window icon X is in the wrong location for a right hand drive car.

Yes, this came up in a thread a while ago and I agree that the right corner for the close X would be more convenient for a right hand drive car. Thankfully, as others have said, there are other options for closing most windows.

Luckily Tesla OS is not like Microsft Windows OS with multi windows behind :S

I just tap the music icon button, that gets rid of any window you have open :) i dont worry about pressing the "X"

Tap (press) the music icon again to minimise (or maximazie if not showing) this window

Or you can (Tap and hold on the music icon) scroll up and down on the music icon to make the music window smaller or bigger

Reactions: Pagemakers
Luckily Tesla OS is not like Microsft Windows OS with multi windows behind :S

I just tap the music icon button, that gets rid of any window you have open :) i dont worry about pressing the "X"

Tap (press) the music icon again to minimise (or maximazie if not showing) this window

Or you can (Tap and hold on the music icon) scroll up and down on the music icon to make the music window smaller or bigger

That’s the winner. Thanks!

Reactions: Jez_GB and davidmc
Unless they have improved significantly, The voice commands have been next to useless every time i have tried to use them. They don't understand basic commands. (For Clarity, I have not tested them since about Feb, as i just could not be bothered as they where slow, wrong and frustrating. So they may have improved)
I noticed a big improvement in the latest release, so it might be worth trying again.

The functionality is still primitive compared to Siri and CarPlay. I used to think that was primitive until I experienced Tesla’s voice command system. How little I knew. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: bhav and Palros