Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla 3 night vision (lack of)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a Tesla 3 this week and I used it at night for the first time yesterday. When I tried to get out of my parallel parking spot, my car was not aware of the car parked ahead of me. My wife had to guide me for distance, by standing outdoor in front and gesturing (the old fashion way!).

When I got on the road, the screen was not showing nearby vehicles so my blind spots were truly blind. It was just as if my side/front cameras were not seeing much in the dark. That was a little frightening.

Did anyone had the same experience? Or is there a setting that I missed?

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
I just received a Tesla 3 this week and I used it at night for the first time yesterday. When I tried to get out of my parallel parking spot, my car was not aware of the car parked ahead of me. My wife had to guide me for distance, by standing outdoor in front and gesturing (the old fashion way!).

That's not right.
Your front parking sensors were not functioning.

One more possibility. How many miles have you put on the car post delivery?
I don't recall exactly how many miles it took me for the cameras to self-calibrate (more than 50, but fewer than 100), but until they did, dynamic cruise control and auto steer definitely did not work. I can't recall if parking sensors were similar effected, or not.

When I got on the road, the screen was not showing nearby vehicles so my blind spots were truly blind. It was just as if my side/front cameras were not seeing much in the dark. That was a little frightening.

The main screen and cameras are pretty useless for driving purposes, unless you are backing up.

a

Reactions: thinktwice

Did anyone had the same experience? Or is there a setting that I missed?
err why didn't you turn your headlights on 🤔
I know, I know... sooo last century, like something out if the ICE age right, but needs must

Reactions: Gasaraki