Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 not working with Zappi charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 Performance paired with a Zappi V2 wall charger. It seemed to charge without any issues for about 6 months until now.

When I plug the charger to the car 9 times out of 10, the Zappi will carry out an RCD check and then fail, needing a system reset. The Zappi has an error message #24 (output voltage).

I have looked online and I can see that there are historical problems with Tesla and Zappi, but its all a little confusing for me to work out.

Does anyone on here know of this issue and able to offer any advice?

Many thanks,
Robert

I forgot to add, when my car fails to charge with the Zappi, I connect my wife's Peugeot e2008 and it charges with no issues.

This is what is making me think it might be an issue with my Tesla, rather than the Zappi.

I forgot to add, when my car fails to charge with the Zappi, I connect my wife's Peugeot e2008 and it charges with no issues.

This is what is making me think it might be an issue with my Tesla, rather than the Zappi.
Tried different cables?
dirt in the charge port?
what happens if you put the tesla on the 3 pin?
Or put tesla on another AC charger elsewhere? Friends place or something?

Tried different cables? Its a tethered cable, but works on my other EV

dirt in the charge port? Given it a good blow through, can't see any debris. Works on every other charger I've used.

what happens if you put the tesla on the 3 pin? 3 pin charges fine.

Or put tesla on another AC charger elsewhere? Friends place or something? Tesla charges fine everywhere else I have tried it.

Thanks for your help with this.

I have had feedback on the Zappi forum that other Model 3 owners with exactly the same issue Zappi customer support haven't been too helpful apparently

I'm having the same issue with my model S. I've had the Zappi for a couple of years and have had this problem occasionally. Right now I can't get it to charge for more than a few minutes before stopping. About to swap driveways with my neighbour to see where the problem lies but the above suggests it'll be neither and more a compatibility issue between them.