TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla 3 Ready to Be Configured

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Steve Coleman, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Steve Coleman

Steve Coleman Member

I have been notified that it is time to configure and order my Tesla 3. Unfortunately it appears that I cannot utilize the car and therefore would like to co-configure the car and once it comes in sell the same to someone for exactly what I pay (including state taxes, etc.). Anyone interested?

2. azred

azred Active Member

Makes no sense, if you really aren’t trying to make a fast buck. Just request a refund of your $1000.

Of course that assumes you are being truthful and are not trying to make a fast buck or 7500 of them.:rolleyes:

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
  3. JayCee

JayCee Member

Not everyone will have the full $7500 fed liability anyways. You can't assume he is getting the full amount. He waited patiently like everyone else. If he wants to make a buck, why couldn't he? Let the man be. Everyone else is so quick to judge. I bet if you were in his shoes you would do the same thing!

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Actually I am and I don't try to scalp. So there.

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Steve Coleman

Steve Coleman Member

After reading your replies and talking directly to a few current Tesla owners I have decided to buy the car and drive it for a while to decide if I will keep it.

Thank everyone for their input.

• Like x 2
  6. JayCee

JayCee Member

Good for you. Enjoy!

• Love x 2
  7. azred

azred Active Member

IF the OP was trying to nab the tax breaks - fed and/or state - he was being deceptive about it to say the least. Maybe I'm naive, but I like to think of this board as a place for Tesla enthusiasts to discuss all things Tesla and not a place for slippery business practices. I wouldn't try it and I doubt many people other than you would think it's OK.

• Disagree x 1