Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 Test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some videos of my test drive.

Main focus was on interior and center console.

As mentioned when I tried to open the front storage, it made a crack sound and didn't want to close after that. Hopefully nothing was harmed. Driver said it was ok to open so not sure.

The cup holders are super sleek!

Part 2 based on my observations will include a hud display for the driver.

I forgot to take a video of the interior door handle, it's integrated into the door and really sleek.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A few pics

Driver did not say. This is base on the positioning of the screen. It just doesn't make sense. Knowing your speed and some basic info is very important so it will be integrated in.

Actually, the position of the screen makes the eye travel SHORTER to view the info in the left upper corner of the screen than a traditional analog instrument.

0LzIIJz.jpg

And HUD is not always good - I can't see my BMW's HUD in the day because I wear polarized sunglass. I tried non-polarized sunglasses and I don't like them.

Actually, the position of the screen makes the eye travel SHORTER to view the info in the left upper corner of the screen than a traditional analog instrument.

0LzIIJz.jpg

And HUD is not always good - I can't see my BMW's HUD in the day because I wear polarized sunglass. I tried non-polarized sunglasses and I don't like them.

You might need to get different sunglasses, but don't worry, you're not going to be doing most of the driving in autopilot mode.

I was driving and pretending my speedometer was displayed about where it will be in the Model 3. It felt kinda awkward at first, but I feel like it's something I'd completely adjust to in less than a week.

I rented a Prius one time which has the instruments all centered. It really didn't take long to adjust. It sure looks odd since it's different than what we've been in since forever, but the center only instruments are still quite functional.

Here are some videos of my test drive.

Main focus was on interior and center console.

As mentioned when I tried to open the front storage, it made a crack sound and didn't want to close after that. Hopefully nothing was harmed. Driver said it was ok to open so not sure.

The cup holders are super sleek!

Part 2 based on my observations will include a hud display for the driver.

I forgot to take a video of the interior door handle, it's integrated into the door and really sleek.

Love your post, great that you fiddled around and showed us the nice storage spaces, that hopefully will be in production model also.

Thanks!

You might need to get different sunglasses, but don't worry, you're not going to be doing most of the driving in autopilot mode.

It wasn't stated that autopilot would be standard though, only the safety features. Meaning that there will probably be some Model 3s without autopilot?

That being said, the more I've though about the information being in the center console, the more acceptable it feels.

I mean, I'm constantly looking at rear-view mirror anyway, and based on some comments here the speedo wouldn't be even that far from where you are looking.

I've driven a car with a center-mounted speedometer for 8 years (Mini Cooper S). I still find it a bit annoying and awkward.

There is a trip computer display in the tachometer behind the steering wheel. Usually I leave that set to a digital speed gauge and ignore the main speedometer.