Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3/Y Screen Swivel Mount is Better Than I Thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many times in the last couple of years I came very close to buying a swivel mount but none of them tilted up and down also. Well, no more! Hansshow makes one that swivels left, right, up and down.

After a couple of weeks of using it I'm not sure why Tesla does not include these in the cars from the start. It seems so natural, which means, nice.

It looks like the new S and X will get the motorized screen swivel, which is super cool, but having to go into the menu and hit a button to move it all the way left, center or all the way right is not even close to efficient as just grabbing the screen and moving it exactly where you want it. Not to mention it only goes left and right...

It's really solid and I can think of only one downside - it lowers the screen about an inch so your eyes have to look just a little bit lower than before. So if you're tall, this may seem worse to you. I'm 6'2" and am not having an issue... Other than that I can't say anything bad about it... Install takes 20 mins to an hour, depending on your skill level, but not bad at all.

For more details -

(moderator note - referral link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jebinc and lUtriaNt
Will this void the warranty?

It depends on what part of the warranty you are asking about. Since this deals with the screen, any warranty issues would only be related to the screen / wiring for the screen. If something happens to the screen / wiring, tesla might deny a warranty claim on it if one has something like this installed.

It wouldnt impact anything else though (battery, seats, AC, etc etc etc).

Therer have upgrade version Tesla Model 3 / Y Swivel Screen Mounting Kit from Tesery
is adjustable by 40 degrees left and right, 40 degrees up and down. It fits all Model 3's and All Model Y's with Left & Right hand drive. Everything is included for either Model 3 or Y

View more Model 3 Model Y Swivel Screen Mounting Kit Best Tesla Accessories
1681722812949.png

If anything, the inch lower makes it a bit easier to see out the front windshield. The tilt more than makes up for the drop imho. I would not go back to the non-swiveling mount after using this (and it has been several months). The install is trivial if you follow the directions on YouTube.

Reactions: mmyers300
The screen sitting lower is what has held me back from purchasing as well. Weird nobody is able to figure out a swivel without lowering the screen but then again I dont know what the kinematic mechanism looks like and the constraints there.
The 1" lower mounts (which is all the different ones out there) were done on purpose. There is no reason they couldn't leave it at the stock height of they wanted to. It doesn't affect usability or being able to view the info.

Are there any mounts that stay at stock height?

Wondering the same thing myself and searching all over the internet for one that raises the screen, if not at least keep it at stock height. It’s already problematic trying to look at my phone with the bottom of the screen blocking most of the phone screen. Anything out there?

There is a separate model that raises the mount by 0.6”. It costs three times what the market price for these swivels is, though.
It's more expensive for sure but I imagine it's way better quality than all the overseas made clones of each other.

I am ordering one soon - a few hundred more dollars on a 50k car to make sure the screen that controls basically everything behaves as good as possible seems like an ok thing.