Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 70 Point inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting this. They missed a few of these items on my "CPO" I picked up about a month ago. Makes me wonder if they just pencil whip most of it.

I noticed there's an item called "Tow Eye Present". Does anyone know if all Model S's are supposed to have this?

I have seen many people asking what is included in the 70 pt inspection. I came across this video, and pulled the screen shots to make a list.

Please find attached pdf.

Is one of the items on the 70 points list "Car meets standards set by Kia for used cars they sell?" :p:rolleyes:

...because this is what Kia does for used cars they sell. They refurbish the cars to look like new, sell them for $17,000 and still somehow make a profit and offer a quality product to their customers. Maybe Tesla can use Kia to sell their used cars? Would be a huge improvement.

https://www.kia.com/us/cpo/assets/CPO/pdf/KiaCPO-164-Point-Inspection.pdf

Thanks for posting this. They missed a few of these items on my "CPO" I picked up about a month ago. Makes me wonder if they just pencil whip most of it.

I noticed there's an item called "Tow Eye Present". Does anyone know if all Model S's are supposed to have this?
Some of the earliest Model S's (2012"s and early 2013's) did not have the female part in the nose to accept the eye.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Some of the earliest Model S's (2012"s and early 2013's) did not have the female part in the nose to accept the eye.

Thanks, good to know. So I'm assuming the 2015 Model S should have one? I never received one so I'm wondering if I should ask about it. I'd imagine it's something I'd want to have in the car.

The one I find rather interesting is the two key fobs. Seeing as how members on this forum have received push back from Tesla about CPOs/Used cars only come with one key.

I only received one as well. I called and asked about it and was told they only come with one from both the person I spoke with and his manager. I called back again the next day and spoke with someone else, who got me in contact with my Inside Delivery Advisor. She created a due bill for a second key fob which I was able to make an appointment at the local service center to have programmed. I ended up getting a third key fob from the mobile service ranger who was having issues re-programming the key fobs (since the service center never deleted the missing key fob 2), so he just deleted everything and apparently had to program all three (it would program key fob 1, then 3, then 2).

Thanks, good to know. So I'm assuming the 2015 Model S should have one? I never received one so I'm wondering if I should ask about it. I'd imagine it's something I'd want to have in the car.

Would think so. I think at one point pre-refresh they were stored in a cutout underneath the carpet in the frunk. Others have found them lurking in storage compartments around the car or in the UMC bag. During delivery, they made sure to have mine out to show me and let me store it where I wanted so I don't know where it was when the car first arrived.