Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla A Year Or More Away From Volume Production Of 4680 Cells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the Plaid + is a victim of the 4680 battery ramp problems.
Next will be additional delays of Semi, Cybertruck, and Model Y (structural pack) in Berlin and Austin:(.

Or perhaps, just perhaps we should wait until the 10th when the Plaid might be revealed with more range than expected. Making the Plaid+ with longer range un-necessary. If the Roadster is estimated to have a 1.9 0-60, and the Plaid is estimated to have 1.99, then a Plaid+ with longer range and estimated somewhere between 1.9 and 1.99 0-60 does seem un-necessary.

But, again, until the 10th we probably won't know.

As for 4680 constraints, as those factories come online, Berlin and Austin, constraints should ease.

Or perhaps, just perhaps we should wait until the 10th when the Plaid might be revealed with more range than expected.
I am long on Tesla and hope to be wrong, but Plaid Reveal did not inspire confidence with Elon's silence on the 4680's, FSD, Version 11 to the fleet, or any other new program/project other than the Plaid, (which were largely known specs.)
If 4680 ramp and FSD are going well, they certainly are doing a great job of hiding it.

I am long on Tesla and hope to be wrong, but Plaid Reveal did not inspire confidence with Elon's silence on the 4680's, FSD, Version 11 to the fleet, or any other new program/project other than the Plaid, (which were largely known specs.)
If 4680 ramp and FSD are going well, they certainly are doing a great job of hiding it.

Yes, I will admit that my post did NOT age well after all. I was really hoping for a big surprise and it didn't happen. I also agree, no mention of 11 to the fleet, no FSD update, silence. So odd.

And yet he is the longest tenured CEO of any major automaker globally.

Better to shoot for Mars and only make it to the moon than not have tried at all.

Tesla already makes the world’s best cars, what more do you want?
It's extremely difficult to remove a CEO who has significant shares - even if the CEO isn't a genius visionary like Elon (btw, Happy Birthday, Mr. Musk).