Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Account Owner phone always takes control of Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are blessed with multiple Teslas. But since I am the account owner it appears that my phone gets priority even in my wife’s car. Not good.

Anyone else deal with this? When it was just the two 3s I just deleted her 3 from my Bluetooth settings on my iPhone.

but with the X in the family, I want use the X too but not override the wife...

Help!

We are blessed with multiple Teslas. But since I am the account owner it appears that my phone gets priority even in my wife’s car. Not good.
Anyone else deal with this? When it was just the two 3s I just deleted her 3 from my Bluetooth settings on my iPhone.
but with the X in the family, I want use the X too but not override the wife...
Help!

My two do not behave this way. Generally the first person in the car gets the Bluetooth. You could go into the Bluetooth settings in the car, and delete the undesired phone. Then it will not connect to entertainment, but leaves the Bluetooth key setup profile working. If you delete the car from your phone, I would think you would lose the Bluetooth key functionality.

You could buy a fob for the 3. I have one and it is vastly more Reliable than the Bluetooth key.