Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Account Server Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla disappeared from my account, was just fine until about one hour ago, now I either can’t log into my account or after several tries I managed to log in however no car/invoices etc.
I have to collect the car next week on the 29th.
Did anyone else experienced this?
I’ve been having problems logging in tonight as well - getting server errors, so maybe they are having a little downtime…

I’ve been having problems logging in tonight as well - getting server errors, so maybe they are having a little downtime…
Cheers mate, I hope is something temporary and one off, however,
I was panic googling and apparently is something that happens even after you take the delivery of the car, and there are reports that people can’t log into Tesla app

Moderator comment - threads merged

Is anyone else having issues with logging into their online Tesla account?

I keep getting ‘Internal Server Error’ or ‘Gateway Timeout’. Have tried multiple devices/browsers/clearing caches etc but to no joy.

Wondering if it’s down for anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got forced to log my app back in - didn't help that I had forgotten my login credentials so ended up changing a few things.

Car was not happy though - I had to re add my phone as key which was not helped by the app not finding the car - I was sitting inside and it still wanted me to move closer. In the end I got things sorted (seemed to need a full phone reboot), but it was a frustrating 30 minutes or so.

On a more positive note, the bug with keycards losing their name may have been sorted. I was able to rename a third keycard and so far it appears to have stuck which is one more than before.

1621611913989.png

Is this a common thing with the Tesla account servers? They were flaky last week when we tried to place our order and every time we’ve tried to log in since it either takes an age or it times out. Pretty surprised how flaky their online stuff has been.

Its not uncommon, but I would not say it common. It generally coincides with an upcoming major feature change. I'm guessing that this one is to support something in the long overdue V11 release, possibly the change in subscription model to support the likes of FSD etc.

No excuse but I suspect Tesla view a few short transient outages that do not normally affect car operation as no big deal. My issues above were a knock on effect of me not remembering my password and having to change it after being logged out from the app.

Tesla recommend keeping your key card on you for these sort of events.

Reactions: MarleyBob