Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla achieves 25,000 annualized run rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't let your enthusiasm run away with you.
Yes, wonderful that they delivered 500 cars (each of the last 3 weeks I believe), however, there is no reason to expect they are targetting that rate for the remainder of the year. Until hey change their forcast, I will be happy if they reach their 20,000 number.
The easiest way to be disappointed is to overestimate numbers.

I don't know about doubling, but lack of some of the tech toys, adaptive cruise, parking assist, parking guidelines, etc can only help the sales numbers.
In my opinion, it is the ONLY week point of the car. And I expect Tesla will be addressing that in the next couple of versions.

They don't produce 500 cars. They deliver 500 cars a week. Still great news though

According to VINs appearing in the app, production in March has so far been 557 cars per week, up from 505 in February.

Feb.5th 4874
Feb.28th 6533
March 21st 8204

Feb.5th to March 21th is 44 days and 3330 cars for an average of ~530 cars per week since the app was released.

Don't let your enthusiasm run away with you.
Yes, wonderful that they delivered 500 cars (each of the last 3 weeks I believe), however, there is no reason to expect they are targetting that rate for the remainder of the year. Until hey change their forcast, I will be happy if they reach their 20,000 number.
The easiest way to be disappointed is to overestimate numbers.

Agreed. I think that deliveries have increased but not necessarily the production rate.
I think that they are working on getting deliveries caught up after temporarily increasing the production rate to get back on schedule after the previous unexpected delays.

Agreed. I think that deliveries have increased but not necessarily the production rate.
I think that they are working on getting deliveries caught up after temporarily increasing the production rate to get back on schedule after the previous unexpected delays.

I was on tour this week, and noticed a white board that indicated congrats on making 109 cars in a day. I assume this is the 'high water mark'. I don't remember seeing a date associated with the number however.