Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla acting strange today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pull out my phone to use summon to reverse my car out of our crowded garage, the app forces me to log back in and says I will lose all data if I do not, so I do. Then I summon and reverse out the car. I get in and notice the triangle with exclamation warning icon thing show up at the top of the screen so I push it to see if it explains why. It says auto park failed, said that two times in a row and had some other error I forget. Strange cause the car sat in the garage all night and I've never even tried using auto park, let alone in my closed garage over night. The icons were also displaying that my dashcam hard drive was not connected and bluetooth (which I usually have on and connected to my phone) was off.

I do the two button reset and the screen stays black for over a minute. I pull out my phone and check the app and it says it's updating with a spinny thing. This goes on for another minute or so and then loads the tesla phone app. Another ten seconds or so and my screen in the Tesla finally boots up. All error codes gone and my harddrive and dashcam is showing it's working.

I have only had my car since March but this has never happened before. Seems to be working fine now, just wondering, anyone else had this issue?

I believe the "auto park" errors actually refer to summon.

I occasionally have to re-login to the app.

I like to remember that the car is a computer on wheels. And what's the best thing to do when your computer is acting funny? Reboot it!

Don't forget that you can even do a two button reset while you're driving. It can be unnerving, but the car continues to function. Autopilot will continue to work, and while you won't hear the turn signals, they still are working. Autopilot error noises will come from an auxiliary speaker in the passenger footwell until the main screen reboots.

Also, if you're worried about error messages, just call Tesla using the number that shows up when you use the T menu at the top of the screen. Select 2, then 5. An agent will eventually appear and they're super helpful. They can see the errors and explain what's going on. Some people who call in are abusive to support, so I alway try to be extra nice and thankful for their help. Even if my car is acting crazy, no matter how stressful it is, it's not the phone support technician's fault.

Reactions: Gasaraki
I believe the "auto park" errors actually refer to summon.

I occasionally have to re-login to the app.

I like to remember that the car is a computer on wheels. And what's the best thing to do when your computer is acting funny? Reboot it!

Don't forget that you can even do a two button reset while you're driving. It can be unnerving, but the car continues to function. Autopilot will continue to work, and while you won't hear the turn signals, they still are working. Autopilot error noises will come from an auxiliary speaker in the passenger footwell until the main screen reboots.

Also, if you're worried about error messages, just call Tesla using the number that shows up when you use the T menu at the top of the screen. Select 2, then 5. An agent will eventually appear and they're super helpful. They can see the errors and explain what's going on. Some people who call in are abusive to support, so I alway try to be extra nice and thankful for their help. Even if my car is acting crazy, no matter how stressful it is, it's not the phone support technician's fault.

Great tips smatthew! It was just strange how all that happened at once. I'll try that T menu method if it happens again, didn't know you could do that. Thanks!

I've honestly had an awesome experience every time I've used that service number. Sometimes there is a wait, but the agents have always been as helpful as they possibly can. If something is beyond their expertise they document what's going on and pass it up the line. If they need additional data to pinpoint when issues are happening, they'll let you know and ask you to collect it and call back.

Previously you could press the right button and say "Bug Report" and phone technicians could reference that like a bookmark, but according to the phone rep I spoke with last that has changed and he could not use my "Bug Report" to locate time/location in the vehicle log. But he did say that Bug reports go directly to engineering again.

• Informative
Reactions: Gasaraki and Gize