Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla adding powered frunk to Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the same site that said I'd have blended braking/regen 2 releases ago which never arrived, and based a story saying the M3 and MY are getting the yoke on a picture of one in the semi.

Sometimes you have to see a website for what it is, it's not a complete clickbait machine for advertising revenue like some are, but they do seem to be getting carried away with the speculative news.

I think its important to note that despite what the title says, this is all speculation. Notateslaapp.com is FULL of speculation.

Someone suggested Track Model for MYP's, Elon responds "OK". (Basically acknowledging the request). Articles written saying Model Y's to get track mode "confirmed by Elon". I think people read way more into his tweets that is actually there.

As for the animation, it could simply be an animation that shows the frunk was closed (manually or not). I'm not saying auto-frunks ARENT coming. I'm just saying take whats posted on that site with a grain of salt.

I'm not going to list all of the failed prophecies, you can see them yourself here:

Just scroll to the bottom and read up.

That's the same site that said I'd have blended braking/regen 2 releases ago which never arrived, and based a story saying the M3 and MY are getting the yoke on a picture of one in the semi.

Sometimes you have to see a website for what it is, it's not a complete clickbait machine for advertising revenue like some are, but they do seem to be getting carried away with the speculative news.
i have blended braking. works awesome

Looks like Tesla is finally adding a powered Frunk to the Y.

Dot hold your breath. Soft close doors for M£ and MY would be nice - or a powered door function like the X. I don't see Tesla adding what it doesn't need to for a while yet - so I wont need retro fit because by then I'll be into a another car!

Reactions: JDemo
without the power frunk, Im afraid to close the hood without denting it. 😬

Its really not that hard at all. You lower the hood down by hand till its resting on the latch, then press it with the heel of your hand like so:

IMG_0107 (1).jpg

No damage, no stress, no dents, no issues.