Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla advanced Summon ready in ~6 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it got de-prioritized by the farts app.

The farts app is much more important. <-----I'm being facetious folks.

While you may think it's not....I absolutely cannot wait to activate it and mortify my Mother-in-Law on the way to Christmas Eve mass, as a small token of my appreciation for being dragged to Christmas Eve mass.

On the bright side, they get to be seen getting out of a Tesla by roughly 75% of their small town.

Tesla advanced Summon ready in ~6 weeks!

That's the exact quote from Elon on November 1st.

Question: Where is it?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Oh...I know...I know. The problem is the "~".

Does that symbol mean "about/around"?

I love the new folks to the community so wide eyes and bushy tailed!! It’s like when the kids still believe in Santa clause and the wake up that morning and magically all the presents are under the tree...

I love the new folks to the community so wide eyes and bushy tailed!! It’s like when the kids still believe in Santa clause and the wake up that morning and magically all the presents are under the tree...

Garlan is not new, nor is he wide eyed and bushy tailed. LOL. he's one of the more cynical (i.e. "seasoned") amongst us.

Well the presents may be late, but I will deliver them via a summoning sleigh.
I2Zi5KPKPzrsJf_h-GTFFH1quvo9r_v7CHafP88FBZ4.jpg

Hunh. That is not how it was explained to me, but bonus for those who also got one even if they didn't wait in line, I guess.

Not sure what I am supposed to be mad at. I was promised a gift and got one. Cool.

Oh wait....I'm not suggestion you should be mad at anything. Just suggesting that everyone be accurate.

I'm still checking my mail...LOL
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwjsgqP4lLHfAhWC5YMKHYdICboQFjABegQICBAB&url=https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/716345597712670720?lang=en&usg=AOvVaw3aJo3AMYgBldTgioBZDO68

I was second in line at the Chicago Grand Avenue lineup. I'm patiently waiting that Elon will still come through. LOL
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjsgqP4lLHfAhWC5YMKHYdICboQFjAAegQICRAB&url=https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/716347036786757632?lang=en&usg=AOvVaw2ZbtBOpgURZ47-Sa4QP4vY

no gifts arriving yet? : teslamotors

Elon -Something Special

Sorry about so many links....just wanted to make sure it was clear from Elon's perspective - not from whomever explained it to you - and NOT from my perspective.

Anyway....I'm confident the advanced summon is going to show up someday...? I think. Maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alby
I cannot wait to see how advanced summon will deal with directional arrows in parking lots when the car decides how to get from point A to the owner. Since figuring out which way to exit can be challenging enough to humans by eye I wonder how maps will be used?
Should be fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
I was a day one reservation, got my RWD M3 in May, and did not get a Die-cast.
A co-worker who had no reservation and got their AWD car in September got two die-casts in the frunk when they picked it up.

I not sure they should be interpreted as promised. Haven’t heard Elon “promise” anything ever. He states his goals. And he’s ambitious. But I’d love to see the “promise” word dropped from his followers vocabulary. ✌️

Also, Elon doesn't promise? "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely" isn't a promise? If the word "definitely" doesn't make something a promise then you're right, he never promises but neither does anyone that doesn't say "I promise" and shows you that they aren't crossing their toes in their shoes. Also, "all cars are delivered with hardware required for FSD"? And now it turns out neither HW2 or HW2.5 is good enough, we now need HW3? Where was his wiggle word in saying he "expected" HW2 or 2.5 to be good enough? It just says it is, flat out.

I was a day one reservation, got my RWD M3 in May, and did not get a Die-cast.
A co-worker who had no reservation and got their AWD car in September got two die-casts in the frunk when they picked it up.

Also, Elon doesn't promise? "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely" isn't a promise? If the word "definitely" doesn't make something a promise then you're right, he never promises but neither does anyone that doesn't say "I promise" and shows you that they aren't crossing their toes in their shoes. Also, "all cars are delivered with hardware required for FSD"? And now it turns out neither HW2 or HW2.5 is good enough, we now need HW3? Where was his wiggle word in saying he "expected" HW2 or 2.5 to be good enough? It just says it is, flat out.
If it helps you can mentally add "I believe", "I expect", "I think" to the beginning of every Elon tweet.

Tesla had always planned to replace the computational part of HW 2.5. (HW 3 was planned before HW 2.0 was ever released) You'll note the rest of HW 2.5 is not changing.

If it helps you can mentally add "I believe", "I expect", "I think" to the beginning of every Elon tweet.

Tesla had always planned to replace the computational part of HW 2.5. (HW 3 was planned before HW 2.0 was ever released) You'll note the rest of HW 2.5 is not changing.

Ahh, so Elon doesn't promise because everyone knows his promises aren't promises? This is only the CEO of the highest valued American Car company, he doesn't need to be precise in his language, that's for suckers.

Wouldn't that make "every car is delivered with the hardware required for FSD" a fraudulent statement if they "always knew" they needed to change it? They have been saying that since October 2016 (HW2.0), with no caveats. Can you find a statement from pre-2017 where they told me I'd need to upgrade the HW in my AP2 car to get FSD, given that they always knew?

Here's the actual Tesla quote from October 2016:

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. Eight surround cameras provide 360 degree visibility around the car at up to 250 meters of range. Twelve updated ultrasonic sensors complement this vision, allowing for detection of both hard and soft objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system. A forward-facing radar with enhanced processing provides additional data about the world on a redundant wavelength, capable of seeing through heavy rain, fog, dust and even the car ahead.

To make sense of all of this data, a new onboard computer with more than 40 times the computing power of the previous generation runs the new Tesla-developed neural net for vision, sonar and radar processing software. Together, this system provides a view of the world that a driver alone cannot access, seeing in every direction simultaneously and on wavelengths that go far beyond the human senses."

So, you're saying that a reasonable human reads this and thinks "oh yeah, they mean the sensors are there, but the computer will totally need to be upgraded, I get it!

Also, FYI, the camera changed between HW2 and HW2.5 (added a color channel), and they changed the radar, so all the sensors are not there in a HW2 car. So what Tesla really meant was that the car was pre-wired for all sensors and computers?

Reactions: RBowen
Here's the actual Tesla quote from October 2016:

So, you're saying that a reasonable human reads this and thinks "oh yeah, they mean the sensors are there, but the computer will totally need to be upgraded, I get it!

Also, FYI, the camera changed between HW2 and HW2.5 (added a color channel), and they changed the radar, so all the sensors are not there in a HW2 car. So what Tesla really meant was that the car was pre-wired for all sensors and computers?

They demonstrated the hardware capabilities in 2016 thus proving it was capable of limited full self driving on that particular route. Whatever they add to make it better is just that, hardware to make it better. The computer was designed to be easily replaced. HW 3 was started in early 2016 and HW 2.0 was released in late 2016.

The real reason for the MobilEye breakup wasn't really the accident in 2016, it was the fact that they were making an in-house chip to obsolete the MobilEye solution.