Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Advertising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's made quite a point of spending no money on advertising, but instead relying on free press coverage and word-of-mouth. Obviously, this couldn't go on forever.

Today while looking at the (excellent) fivethirtyeight.com website, I noticed a Tesla ad. I've included a screen shot, the ad's at the lower right.

Has anyone else seen/heard of any Tesla advertising? Buying a little space on fivethirtyeight isn't going to cost a huge amount of money, but it's still indicative of the fact that they now need to convince people to order Roadsters.

Attachments

• tesla ad.jpg
    tesla ad.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 469
Has anyone else seen/heard of any Tesla advertising? Buying a little space on fivethirtyeight isn't going to cost a huge amount of money, but it's still indicative of the fact that they now need to convince people to order Roadsters.
Never seen any Tesla advertising. The ad you posted seems to have the store address on it, so it might be from the store itself rather than something Tesla is doing as a whole (though it might be looking up IP locations and targeting the ad).

Never seen any Tesla advertising. The ad you posted seems to have the store address on it, so it might be from the store itself rather than something Tesla is doing as a whole (though it might be looking up IP locations and targeting the ad).

I'm in the Seattle area, so I assume it's targeted. I can't get it to show up anymore, so maybe it's out of rotation immediately.

I doubt it was something that the local store did. There's not a whole lot of staff there.