TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Advertising

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by bolosky, Jan 29, 2010.

1. bolosky

bolosky Member

Tesla's made quite a point of spending no money on advertising, but instead relying on free press coverage and word-of-mouth. Obviously, this couldn't go on forever.

Today while looking at the (excellent) fivethirtyeight.com website, I noticed a Tesla ad. I've included a screen shot, the ad's at the lower right.

Has anyone else seen/heard of any Tesla advertising? Buying a little space on fivethirtyeight isn't going to cost a huge amount of money, but it's still indicative of the fact that they now need to convince people to order Roadsters.

Attached Files:

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Never seen any Tesla advertising. The ad you posted seems to have the store address on it, so it might be from the store itself rather than something Tesla is doing as a whole (though it might be looking up IP locations and targeting the ad).

3. bolosky

bolosky Member

I'm in the Seattle area, so I assume it's targeted. I can't get it to show up anymore, so maybe it's out of rotation immediately.

I doubt it was something that the local store did. There's not a whole lot of staff there.