Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Advisor: Price increase on Model Y coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text from my Tesla Advisor encouraging me to get a Model Y "while the prices are discounted."

I asked for clarification, and he says:

"Discount meaning that the Model Y is $3000 less than normal at the moment. I'm not sure when it will go back to the normal price (nobody does). But if/when it does, if your order is in now, you are guaranteed the lower price."

Would it be a good idea to put my order in before the end of the month? Are prices increases common as we approach the end of the year?

Personally, I'd prefer a Model Y RWD (rumored to be $45,000), but if prices are going up, then may as well get the Dual Motor car now.

Thanks!

I got a text from my Tesla Advisor encouraging me to get a Model Y "while the prices are discounted."

"Discount meaning that the Model Y is $3000 less than normal at the moment. I'm not sure when it will go back to the normal price (nobody does). But if/when it does, if your order is in now, you are guaranteed the lower price."

Would it be a good idea to put my order in before the end of the month? Are prices increases common as we approach the end of the year?

Personally, I'd prefer a Model Y RWD (rumored to be $45,000), but if prices are going up, then may as well get the Dual Motor car now.

Thanks!
Your TA is a good candidate for a car salesman - what else do you expect him to say - he's trying to drive sales.

Thanks!
Makes sense to me. Model Y prices are currently as low as they’ve ever been (I know because I have a 7-seat day 1 reservation). Wait times are also long according to website, implying plenty of demand.

Thanks!
If you want one, I'd say get it. I went for the MY LR, and after I ordered it, got the $3K discount. I wasn't expecting it but it was nice. If the opposite happened before I bought up, it would be a bummer.

Reactions: dgaultiere and ebwb

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP with this nonsense?

Any Tesla employees troll this forum?

You desperately want us to buy your car before battery day?

Our Tesla Center is all over ordering NOW because wait will be 3-4 months!!

And now talking about price increase!

Big LOL
It’s not a nonsense, just gossip but backed by market 101 - once demand exceed supply, price increase is possible. If, when and how much nobody on forum or SA knows, true. But I’d not exclude such possibility like bring RWD for 47k and bump AWD to 52k let say

Mach-e has not hit the streets yet, how do you know that?
How do I know which part of my statement? The price of the MY may go down due to increased competition for sales. The Mach e is somewhat of a clone of the MY. It’s eligible for the $7.5k fed tax credit, it’s similar in size, acceleration, range, technology. It’s real competition, especially for folks that prefer the manufacturers that have been around for a century. It has a 98 kWh battery that may be opened up more for the user to have even more range than the MY.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Battery day isn't going to include anything that will be in a Model Y soon, will it? Like I assume that any battery improvements will come out next year? And will almost certainly come in the S and X first?
They would have to redesign the battery pack along with cooling on the model Y. Anything they announce on battery day will most likely be used on S,X, cybertruck,Semi and possibly the roadster first. If they do use them on the 3 and Y,it wont be for a few years from now.Just my opinion.

Last edited: