Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Aero wheels with "white rim" walls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really digging my white Tesla Model 3, but I'm looking for something to make my car look different - and I really like the way the "Mission E Design" wheels look on the Porsche Taycan. This design sees the rim of the wheels painted/stickied white (see mockup image for what I'm considering); perhaps this could be done with a 3M sticker that I've seen used on other colour tire mods for Teslas, rather than something that requires removing the entire tire or paying a shop to paint it professionally.

Has anyone done something similar for their car? Do people have any advice/words of caution?

The alternative to this would be to get a white rash guard sticker on the dark background like in this post.

white rim mockup@0.5x.png

Props for thinking outside the box. My initial thought though is that it will get very dirty very fast as brake dust will stick to that surface pretty easily. I understand the desire for wanting to stand out in the sea of white teslas that are on the road daily, but I'd recommend getting new wheels entirely if that is an option for you.

Reactions: muffinjello
Props for thinking outside the box. My initial thought though is that it will get very dirty very fast as brake dust will stick to that surface pretty easily. I understand the desire for wanting to stand out in the sea of white teslas that are on the road daily, but I'd recommend getting new wheels entirely if that is an option for you.
Thank you for the thoughts!!! This will definitely be... a cheap-enough-to-try option even if it doesn't work (just popping off aero caps, cutting & throwing on sticker). I wonder how Porsche keeps this area clean, or is it just something that needs to be washed regularly?

I like those porche wheels too, actually. The issue I would have ( and to be clear Its not my car, its yours), is that those wheels are an iconic type for that specific car. They are like 8k for the porsche. Doing it with a sticker or something would likely look terrible, especially because it would be an attempt to copy a fairly unique design from another brand.

I dont know how porsche keeps that area clean, but since when I looked, I find them "on sale" for $7695 for a set, they may be made from a material that sheds dust a bit or something.

I have seen two Model 3s with wheels powdercoated and or liquid wrapped to do exactly that.

One was the typical panda/storm tropper theme and finished things off with the a-la-Taycan wheels, the other a blue car that looked stock except for the wheel finish. Almost exactly as in your photochop.

I don't believe the owners are on this forum. A New York and a New Jersey licence plate.

• Informative
Reactions: muffinjello