Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla After Sales Services

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After almost one year of owning a Model S, all interactions with the Tesla Hong Kong service centre were professional, efficient and courteous from their side. To compare with other brands I have experience with, they are same or better than Lexus or Toyota in Hong Kong. Tesla's service is lightyears better that BMW here.
My last contact with the Tesla service centre was this morning to book an appointment for the annual checkup. Holding time was 5 minutes until I got someone on the line. Not great but acceptable. They noted my request and suggested to call me back. I asked to talk to a service assistant right away, as I don't want to be called back. They connected me right away. Holding time about 15 seconds.
I scheduled the appointment for early December. What's a bit strange though, that they request 2-3 days for this annual checkup.

Without a car for 2-3 days?? I mean part of the sell was the ease or lack of maintenence, I always insisted I bring it in first thing in the morning and get it back same day for regular maintenance on my ICE cars.....

You don't have to bring the car for any maintenance. Tesla just suggests to do it.
2-3 days without a car is not great, but my life won't end if that's really the case. I still doubt, that it will take them really that long. Lets see.
Still much better than BMW who in the past 12 months returned my car twice without the scheduled repair being done (one a recall, one a repair), because they were either missing "a screw" or "ordered the wrong part", and the car had to go there again when they finally got the parts.

You don't have to bring the car for any maintenance. Tesla just suggests to do it.
2-3 days without a car is not great, but my life won't end if that's really the case. I still doubt, that it will take them really that long. Lets see.
Still much better than BMW who in the past 12 months returned my car twice without the scheduled repair being done (one a recall, one a repair), because they were either missing "a screw" or "ordered the wrong part", and the car had to go there again when they finally got the parts.

So they said "max" 2-3 days? Thanks yea let us know how it goes... From theservice schedule posted by US owners it should just be flushing brake fluids and the battery coolant change, on an ice car it takes less than 3 hours. You're right it's not end of the world but I always hate having to leave my car since I live in NT and public transport from my place to their service dept is really far.

Got delivery of my 70d in late Oct 2015. I later discovered that the option 'autopilot convenience feature' was not activated though I paid for it. I sent an email to my DS and the owner advisor last Friday late evening about the missing TACC. I was then advised to phone service hotline on last Saturday morning. I then received three more phone calls on Saturday and Sunday from Tesla Service and asked me for further details of the problem. Yesterday afternoon, I received another phone call from Tesla Service saying that they would activate the option Over-the-air today.

At about 1:30pm this afternoon, I received phone call from the Tesla Service that new software was available to download. I did the download right the way and I got back the TACC. In my case, the Tesla after-sale service is pretty good though the DS should check whether the option was activated on the date of delivery. It was a nice experience for me and I feel good.

Got delivery of my 70d in late Oct 2015. I later discovered that the option 'autopilot convenience feature' was not activated though I paid for it. I sent an email to my DS and the owner advisor last Friday late evening about the missing TACC. I was then advised to phone service hotline on last Saturday morning. I then received three more phone calls on Saturday and Sunday from Tesla Service and asked me for further details of the problem. Yesterday afternoon, I received another phone call from Tesla Service saying that they would activate the option Over-the-air today.

At about 1:30pm this afternoon, I received phone call from the Tesla Service that new software was available to download. I did the download right the way and I got back the TACC. In my case, the Tesla after-sale service is pretty good though the DS should check whether the option was activated on the date of delivery. It was a nice experience for me and I feel good.

Wow they called back 3 times in one day to follow up.... Can I use your phone to dial them next time? LOL :tongue:
Well, nice of them to improve; guess no one's perfect the first time

Well if you insist then you must be important. I don't see any problem giving them some time to get the work done as, after all, you're not the only person in HK with a Tesla.

Ah if that comment was intended for me, I didn't quite say I'm not giving them time to get the work done. Just saying flushing brakes and coolant for 2-3 days seems excessive on a scheduled maintenance on a car that sells itself as low maintenance compared to an ICE car. Second, my comment about borrowing the phone is related to my experience of "yes we will call you back today" x 3 over 4 days with never a call back on a problem. If I thought "I was important and the only one driving a Tesla in HK" then I would have insisted them to fix the problem the same day with a drop in rather than wait a month to bring the car in to just have a look at the problem.
As I said I love my Tesla and gave my neighbors and friends test drives to recommend it but I'm no fan boy who blindly sugar coats all Tesla's faults. I make the recommendation to my friends with all the facts good or bad so they can make an informed choice just like people check this board for the same reason. It's also pointing out issues that will help Tesla maintain its image and growth of the company. If we all keep quiet and just report the good then they will feel there's nothing to improve.

Well if you think you sound self important and selfish then perhaps you're right. You expect Tesla to jump just because you just have to have instant service for you...NOW! I wouldn't be surprised to see children behave that way.

Well if you think you sound self important and selfish then perhaps you're right. You expect Tesla to jump just because you just have to have instant service for you...NOW! I wouldn't be surprised to see children behave that way.

So you expect Tesla to just ignore you when you have a problem? expecting a call back when they said they would 4 days ago is hardly expecting "a jump" LOL I'm sorry but that doesn't even compare to childish behavior, more like an idiot. Let me know if I can sell you something so I can take your money and give you crap and you better "be an adult" about it and say nothing.

I got a whole island of stuff to sell ya :biggrin:

Last edited:
Also having a bad experience with Tesla Hong Kong here. Picked up my car two weeks ago and had 2 issues since then. One is charge port door won't open (have to force it open by pressing on it after unlocking on screen, even then it takes 3-5 mins of trying), the other issue is the 'metal plate' on the side signal light (the one between the side-mirror and the wheel) has come off (not glued on well?).

Called Tesla help line last Saturday, then on Wednesday, again today. Spoke to rep all three times but still no call back from Service Center, this is getting very frustrating...

Also having a bad experience with Tesla Hong Kong here. Picked up my car two weeks ago and had 2 issues since then. One is charge port door won't open (have to force it open by pressing on it after unlocking on screen, even then it takes 3-5 mins of trying), the other issue is the 'metal plate' on the side signal light (the one between the side-mirror and the wheel) has come off (not glued on well?).

Called Tesla help line last Saturday, then on Wednesday, again today. Spoke to rep all three times but still no call back from Service Center, this is getting very frustrating...

Next time ask to be put through to service dept and say you'll hold on the line. Or use double sided tape and just take it back probably be faster.... I had the charger port won't open issue too, slowly lifted it open with my key....

*holding back the sarcasm for now lol* :tongue:

Expect to jump?? Tesla simply not responses. Or they choose to response those positive feedback. You need to keep calling until you can get an appointment. Leaving any message to call back is useless.

Should we expect more than that kind of services?

Now, it comes to me to share a long-waited call back experience. Found rattles at rear left door handle of my 2 months old MS.
Nov 11, called the technical support. Nice lady said the service center would call back. no call back.
Nov 13, called again, a gentleman said the technical support team had already informed service team and would remind them to call back. no call back.
Nov 15, called again. A technical support said they have my record but nothing that they could do to push service center to call back.

I'm told that the service appointment no longer arranged by technical support team. I requested the service center number and called today. Interesting!! I got loop back to technical support center. Again, they would remind service center to callback...
Luckily, I don't have a serious issue with my car so I can wait to fix. It appears their service center team is under a great pressure after thousands of delivery. Indeed, after sales service is important and I hope they don't put it at lower priority.

Now, it comes to me to share a long-waited call back experience. Found rattles at rear left door handle of my 2 months old MS.
Nov 11, called the technical support. Nice lady said the service center would call back. no call back.
Nov 13, called again, a gentleman said the technical support team had already informed service team and would remind them to call back. no call back.
Nov 15, called again. A technical support said they have my record but nothing that they could do to push service center to call back.

I'm told that the service appointment no longer arranged by technical support team. I requested the service center number and called today. Interesting!! I got loop back to technical support center. Again, they would remind service center to callback...
Luckily, I don't have a serious issue with my car so I can wait to fix. It appears their service center team is under a great pressure after thousands of delivery. Indeed, after sales service is important and I hope they don't put it at lower priority.

It is only less than a week.

I called on 27 Sept. Called several times in between. Confirmed on 30 Oct that Tesla has to record of my call. Still waiting for calling back. I know they won't and they don't even care.

I put down a complaint and the reply was "I am writing it down" and done.