Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla After Sales Services

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found there are lots of good feedback on Tesla after sales services. I think the services is good if you can book one and you can tolerate the issue before the services date.

For me, the experience is totally unacceptable. The services center never calls back. You need to keep calling. For one instant, I called the services center 9:00 in the morning and got a promise for a return call. Nothing till 1:00, then called again, another promise to call back before the end of the day. At 6:00, I did not receive any call and I called again and insist to speak with the services manager immediately. Finally I got the date for services in 4 weeks. This is totally unacceptable.

There is no wonder why Tesla got high marks in the US consumer review when the car is new, but low later on.

The car is good but the services is terrible.

I would not recommend Tesla to my friend at this moment.

I get a feeling Tesla HK has not been keeping up with the after sales servicing in terms of matching what is needed for the sheer growth in sales the last year.

Had experienced a similar situation where tech support says service would call back but they never did and eventually after 2 more follow up calls they patched me through directly to service right away and put me in an appointment a month away...

They had better ramp up the after sales servicing capacities; I understand from a business standpoint it's a chicken or the egg problem, do you ramp up your capacity before selling the estimated number of cars and take a risk or do you sell the cars first and try to catch up later while sacrificing some brand reputation.

So while I'm a Tesla fanboy now, I don't think competition from Audi and Porsche is bad to keep Tesla improving and accountable to their original mission.

I found there are lots of good feedback on Tesla after sales services. I think the services is good if you can book one and you can tolerate the issue before the services date.

For me, the experience is totally unacceptable. The services center never calls back. You need to keep calling. For one instant, I called the services center 9:00 in the morning and got a promise for a return call. Nothing till 1:00, then called again, another promise to call back before the end of the day. At 6:00, I did not receive any call and I called again and insist to speak with the services manager immediately. Finally I got the date for services in 4 weeks. This is totally unacceptable.

There is no wonder why Tesla got high marks in the US consumer review when the car is new, but low later on.

The car is good but the services is terrible.

I would not recommend Tesla to my friend at this moment.

Your experience is not typical. If you'd like to sell me your car for $200k send me a pm.

You're not alone telegogo. I got my P85D mid-Aug 2015 and the sales rep was very attentive and enthusiastic when I picked up my car. Once I walked out the door it was a whole new story. I asked about their accessories via phone and my calls were ignored and never returned. I then sought to get her attention through email and that did get replied but a few days later which she diverted to another department which never replied. At the end of the week, I had my first charge at home and problems occurred. I was desperate as it was down to the last mile so I called Tesla Service. After a good 45 mins, my call got through their automated system and someone picked up . Problem was not solved and advised me to stay put and someone will call me back. Nothing. Eventually, a customer service girl called me after 3 weeks asking if I still needed help. Really??? 3 weeks??? Are they being inconsiderate and obnoxious or are they just plain stupid????? Great car and tech but piss-poor service. Essentially non-existent after-sales service if you ask me. They keep sending me customer reviews via email and after the 1st one which I gave a good rating, the 2nd one I hammered them on their abysmally "excuse-of-a-service" delivery. And after that, emails from them stopped. No one contacted me to follow up. No emails ever again. Nothing. Tesla HK, that's one way to do it.....

Interesting. I have had fantastic service from Tesla, perhaps its how to talk to them that is the problem.

For my washer problem I just explained the problem, they said service dept would call me, I let them have two days and then again on day 4 I called again and after hearing it's day 4 when they told me I'd get a call on day 1's afternoon they transferred me directly to service who then put me in the book in a month. The month seems excessive but I've kept my mouth shut since I've still got some "cut a new brand that built a new car from the ground up slack" quota left for them.
But I'd be peeved if I was down to the last mile and they just left me hanging on the phone....
Again IMO they're in a transition now from a start up and a new wave of change in HK; early adopters are easy to please and their numbers are not high. Now you sold hundreds or low thousands of cars, you need to rapidly find qualified technicians and also space in HK that's always been a premium to work on all the cars.

I am not alone. Tesla HK is killing themselves.

There was also another situation that I called the services center at 9:10 am on 25 September for the problem of the washing liquid. As usual, they promised to call back but didn't. Until today, there are no feedback. I did not call them again because I solved the problem later on by myself. It is over a month now. I really don't feel happy for not being responded and how bad the services from Tesla is.

Tesla does marketing by word of month and they are killing the business in the same way.

What 4 or 8 years warranty is only ********.

- - - Updated - - -

really? so far they have been pretty good to me, I usually talk to Tee at the service centre, he takes care of me.

You are lucky with someone taking care of your after sales services. I am taken care by an automatic answer machine "we will call you back".

You're not alone telegogo. I got my P85D mid-Aug 2015 and the sales rep was very attentive and enthusiastic when I picked up my car. Once I walked out the door it was a whole new story. I asked about their accessories via phone and my calls were ignored and never returned. I then sought to get her attention through email and that did get replied but a few days later which she diverted to another department which never replied. At the end of the week, I had my first charge at home and problems occurred. I was desperate as it was down to the last mile so I called Tesla Service. After a good 45 mins, my call got through their automated system and someone picked up . Problem was not solved and advised me to stay put and someone will call me back. Nothing. Eventually, a customer service girl called me after 3 weeks asking if I still needed help. Really??? 3 weeks??? Are they being inconsiderate and obnoxious or are they just plain stupid????? Great car and tech but piss-poor service. Essentially non-existent after-sales service if you ask me. They keep sending me customer reviews via email and after the 1st one which I gave a good rating, the 2nd one I hammered them on their abysmally "excuse-of-a-service" delivery. And after that, emails from them stopped. No one contacted me to follow up. No emails ever again. Nothing. Tesla HK, that's one way to do it.....

I have the same experience as you on the customer survey. I gave a very low score report (0-1 out of time) and put down a lot of comment on the response from the after sales services. After that, no more e-mail received from them on the customer satisfaction survey.

May be that's how Tesla keeps a good customer feedback. :cursing:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe get their mobile number and text them, usually they get back to quite quick.

How to get it? I even could not get in touch with the services team, but an automatic answering machine.

You shouldn't need to do that, google a manager of a company to get answers.
I agree, at present there is a definite lack of follow up or information from Tesla Service Hong Kong. I hope they can improve but right now it is below expectations.
I was the 8th person in Hong Kong to get the S so will have had perhaps more contact with the service centre than most. At first they were good and all problems solved quickly and professionally. BUT now they are frustratingly slow and the policy seems to have changed from the customer is king to the customer is an idiot.

different context but their pre sales approach is same as after sales too!...had the test drive and was basically told that i could order on line and not much contact since. Not complaining but from test drive to deposit..hardly any communication in between.

different context but their pre sales approach is same as after sales too!...had the test drive and was basically told that i could order on line and not much contact since. Not complaining but from test drive to deposit..hardly any communication in between.

That is different. If they don't want to do any pre-sales, it is ok because they have no commitment to provide any services to me. I can choose not to buy. After I bought, I am their customer and they should provide the after services.

My experience with MB is I have better after sales than pre-sales services.

Their after sales service is quite appalling! I was calling their hotline and waited for 15 mins. While the guy was doing a stock check for my parts, he cut my call!! I feel like their after sales are still amateur in doing their jobs!! Not cool Tesla not cool!!

I'm still giving them points for commitment to address problems but they are having serious problems in terms of responsiveness.

There were factory paint blemishes and squeaks from the sunroof with my 1 month old Model S and had no issues getting Tesla to fix them. Now that my vehicle is in the paint shop for a week (they came to pickup on Monday), I still don't have a response from them on when will they return my car. Made multiple phone calls and multiple replies from them that "we'll check and call you back" but obviously no follow-up afterwards.

After almost one year of owning a Model S, all interactions with the Tesla Hong Kong service centre were professional, efficient and courteous from their side. To compare with other brands I have experience with, they are same or better than Lexus or Toyota in Hong Kong. Tesla's service is lightyears better that BMW here.
My last contact with the Tesla service centre was this morning to book an appointment for the annual checkup. Holding time was 5 minutes until I got someone on the line. Not great but acceptable. They noted my request and suggested to call me back. I asked to talk to a service assistant right away, as I don't want to be called back. They connected me right away. Holding time about 15 seconds.
I scheduled the appointment for early December. What's a bit strange though, that they request 2-3 days for this annual checkup.