Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Agreement has incorrect information. No word from Advisor.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all :)
I just received my VIN yesterday, yays! However, the information listed on the Tesla agreement paperwork isn't completely correct.
Little background: I live in NH and my closet pickup location is in NJ, 275 miles away, so I don't really want to make the trip for pickup to find out I can't take the car with the below issues...
On my registration page on the Tesla website, it shows my name OR my husband's name. On the agreement paperwork it shows our names together. My question is, will this be an issue if only my name is on the loan? I had been told (by other people, not any officials) that having the word OR meant that either one if us could act on behalf of the vehicle?
The other issue, though small, is that they didn't deduct the $100 reservation fee on the Tesla agreement.
So, I have two advisors, Brian, with the title "Ownership Loyalty Advisor" and Xelenne with the title "Inside Operations Advisor". I text Xelenne because she seems to prefer that method, on July 29th to ask a question and no response. I got my VIN Aug. 06 (yesterday at this point) and text her and emailed Brian and haven't gotten a response. I went to the Tesla chat and told them I wasn't getting a response. They said they could reach out for me... I didn't bother with that.
I will say that I have had connection with a person in my delivery location a few times, just for little questions about pickup, and they respond to me within 24 hours. Should I contact them for this type of stuff? That persons title is "Operations Advisor" but they actually respond....

Thanks for any help all!

MYLR White/Black Ordered 05/25/21, EDD was originally 3-9 weeks, changed a total of 43 times. Pickup set Aug 17 - Aug 23.

...The other issue, though small, is that they didn't deduct the $100 reservation fee on the Tesla agreement...
Your "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement--Final Price Sheet" should show you 5 sections on page 1:

1) Total Cash Price
2) Amount Paid to Government Agencies
3) Subtotal (1 through 2)
3) Total Credits...

So, are you saying that all the lines in "Total Credits" are all "0.00" without the $100 Reservation Payment?

...On my registration page on the Tesla website, it shows my name OR my husband's name.
I don't think Tesla website is an official DMV piece of paper. What counts is what it says on the piece of paper from DMV.

On the agreement paperwork it shows our names together.
Now, you are talking. It's paperwork and not Tesla website. This is what counts.
My question is, will this be an issue if only my name is on the loan?

2 names together on your vehicle mean both must sign if you want to do something with the title.

However, that doesn't mean your signing is clear if your loan is not completely paid off.

You have a lien on the vehicle.

That lien is still in effect no matter "either-or" or "and" names.

Since it's only you who takes on the loan, it's your loan burden.

There should not be an issue with the loan.

I had been told (by other people, not any officials) that having the word OR meant that either one if us could act on behalf of the vehicle?
True. At least one out of 2 persons can sell the car.

However, it is not practical while the car is still having a lien.

However, once your car is paid off, any 1 out of 2 can sell the car and grab the money and run.