Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla all but confirms Cybertruck production delay until 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God that earnings call was terrible. I'm so glad I had the foresight to reserve a Rivian R1S and Hummer EV SUV last year. IMO those are both going to easily beat the CT to market.

I've been following Tesla for most of the company's lifespan; the vague talk about it today means it's a 2024 vehicle at the earliest. Maybe they squeeze one out before Christmas 2023.

Just look at the Roadster debacle, what a joke that turned out to be.

So right now the odds of me ending up with this as my going into retirement vehicle:

1. Rivian R1S - 80%
2. Hummer EV SUV - 19%
3. Cybertruck - 1%.

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne
I think Elon mentioned that the biggest constraint for the CyberTruck is how will they make it affordable, did not mention supply chain issues.
Seemed quite clear it was supply chain issues, and the choice was fulfill orders for existing products, or introduce new product and eat into current product. There just isn’t enough chips to go around with more products introduced.

Better to maximize one than to under-produce both.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
God that earnings call was terrible. I'm so glad I had the foresight to reserve a Rivian R1S and Hummer EV SUV last year. IMO those are both going to easily beat the CT to market.

I've been following Tesla for most of the company's lifespan; the vague talk about it today means it's a 2024 vehicle at the earliest. Maybe they squeeze one out before Christmas 2023.

Just look at the Roadster debacle, what a joke that turned out to be.

So right now the odds of me ending up with this as my going into retirement vehicle:

1. Rivian R1S - 80%
2. Hummer EV SUV - 19%
3. Cybertruck - 1%.

What foresight, being that both of those products are already in production, and in the case of the Hummer EV a few are even on the lot for sale apparently! ;)

I'm not a Tesla nor Musk fanboy, however it's highly likely that the CT will be significantly better than those 2 competitors in terms of: bed size, interior room, visibility, range, charging infrastructure & scratch/ ding resistance.

From where I sit the CT is going to be such a better product than the competitors that I'm not left with any other choice in an EV truck, other than the CT.

We'll see of course what GM is able to accomplish as well as Ram.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre