Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla all weather floor mats price increased $45, anyone know what changes were made?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been complaints for awhile that the old mats didn't work correctly with the new seating rails that came with the next-generation seats. Presumably they finally got around to fixing that.

Also, given Weathertech sold the set for $250, maybe they got mad that Tesla was selling them so much cheaper.

Last week I had the $200 all weather floor mats in my cart, tried to check out and it said they were sold out. Today the floor mats re-appeared (with a different link) but the price went up $45. I'm wondering if anyone has seen the "new" mats in person and if they are different than the old version (worth $45 more dollars?) here is the current link Tesla All-Weather Model S Interior Set
To answer my own question they updated the website to indicate the changes

"The newly redesigned All-Weather Model S Interior Set is custom made using the latest in digital laser measurements for your Model S. This extreme-duty floor protection covers and protects your Model S by keeping it free from dirt and spills. The floor mats are made from thermoplastic elastomer material which has a rigid core for unbeatable strength and easy cleanups.Some improvements of the Interior Set include the addition of retention patches to the front mats for ease of installation, as well as increased wall height to better protect the front floors of the vehicle."