TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla All Weather Mats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Ojas Ray, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

Quick question, I also purchased the Tesla branded all weather mats... Do I have to remove the old mats before installing these? or can iI put these on top?

My DS - removed the old ones, (he gave them to me) but in my other cars, i just placed the weather tech on top...

2. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Do they have a mounting hook? If so, you should take them off so the all weathers can latch on

3. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

nope - no hook

4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Then, as long as they don't interfere with the pedals, it shouldn't matter.

BTW. I hate you because you picked the car up before me. Still waiting on mine :( 12/23

5. Shateam

Shateam Member

@Ojas Ray Did you pick-up in Paramus? How did your delivery go? I have a similiar config as you and am scheduled to pick-up this Thursday 12/15/16 so was curious to hear about your experience.

Did you order the mats on Tesla — Accessories or did you purchase them from the Service Center? I'm planning to buy them but noticed they are unavailable for purchase on the site.

6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

My friend and I reach ordered the all weather mats when taking delivery. His were installed for free. Mine cost $25 to install. o_O

In both cases, they removed the old floor mats and placed then in the back.

7. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

#7 ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Sounds like a DIY project to me. $25? WTF? I'm a little angry that they would charge for that. It can't take any longer than 5 minutes if that. I have a feeling they are going to irritate me one way or another when I pick up my car. They just better not waste my time trying to sell me extended warranties like Honda did. I would think it would be better to just replace your mats as they got worn out. I have them in my minivan and my work truck, but in a Tesla not so sure.

8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

#8 MorrisonHiker, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Yeah. We weren't expecting the $25 charge since it wasn't charged previously and really only takes a couple minutes. The rest of the delivery was hassle-free. We didn't notice the install charge until we saw the line item on the receipt when we got home.

I think the only difference between the first delivery and this one was that for the first delivery, we asked about them when they were showing the car. The DS brought them out and put them in as we were looking the car over. For this delivery, we told them in advance that we wanted them to set aside the floor mats. I guess that meant a service technician did it and billed for it. So..maybe ask for them during delivery to get free installation?

9. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

I'd ask the service manager about that. $25 for something you can do yourself in 5 minutes?!? That sounds pretty slimy to me.

(Protip: Keep the shipping box for the all-weather mats, you can use it to hold the carpet mats when you aren't using them.)

Bruce.

• Like x 2