Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a set sitting in a box in my garage right now - have you noticed them making a meaningful difference in the amount of dirt up the side?
I have fitted a set of mud guards and while I hope they are reducing wear on the paintwork directly behind the wheel I have not noticed any real improvement in how clean they keep the car. The front ones are also not a great fit at the top and by themselves may actually damage the paintwork over time without a little filing and some tape to cushion them (which i have done. Also the big puddle that damaged my floor also nearly removed one of them as well!
So all in all not sure they are worthwhile but I have fitted now so will stick with them. I have white on white. Colour match is pretty good. Other colours not so good I believe. I have noticed any impact on efficiency.

The Tesla ones are not much different than the Chinese plastic ones in my opinion. If you want really good protection and coverage with saving money on car washes I suggest Rally Armor. Here’s some photos of mine. These are polyurethane and super flexible. Even if they touch a speed bump it is no worry. Only downside is the price, but these should last many seasons and are easily removable in Spring. The dirt you see on my car is after driving through snow blizzards for 2 weeks in the Alps.
4DF77F2B-B851-4CB6-B6FE-BFB7A1621CC4.jpeg
52EF1855-AB42-42DE-8761-206C05AF8079.jpeg
8C95CACE-A90F-49F5-B7FD-0C6942144323.jpeg
2E482976-BF1B-42C2-858B-7B76049145A2.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: PrGrPa
Difficult to judge, but any noticeable effect on range? I've not noticed anything with the flaps we have already on the car, but those look wider (especially at the back) and deeper.

Any Euroside suppliers? Add shipping and potential customs, they work our rather expensive if replacing what I already have. Different story when they break and need to replace. Mind you, the Rally Armor website is pretty cautious when using their flaps as if they have issues too.

Last edited:
The Tesla ones are not much different than the Chinese plastic ones in my opinion. If you want really good protection and coverage with saving money on car washes I suggest Rally Armor. Here’s some photos of mine. These are polyurethane and super flexible. Even if they touch a speed bump it is no worry. Only downside is the price, but these should last many seasons and are easily removable in Spring. The dirt you see on my car is after driving through snow blizzards for 2 weeks in the Alps. View attachment 497861View attachment 497862View attachment 497863View attachment 497864
sorry for non thread question but: where did you chrome delete in Geneva? I am living around and cant find any good place to tint and chrome delete. thanks

Last edited:
Bit of a price difference with those mudflaps!

They do look good. The ones I got from amazon were hard plastic and instead of being flat on the forward facing part were concave, which wouldn't help range at all I'd think, so I never installed them.
I broke 2 sets of Chinese plastic ones on speed bumps and was pissed. Finally Rally Armor released a Model 3 kit in late December.

The Tesla ones are not much different than the Chinese plastic ones in my opinion. If you want really good protection and coverage with saving money on car washes I suggest Rally Armor. Here’s some photos of mine. These are polyurethane and super flexible. Even if they touch a speed bump it is no worry. Only downside is the price, but these should last many seasons and are easily removable in Spring. The dirt you see on my car is after driving through snow blizzards for 2 weeks in the Alps. View attachment 497861View attachment 497862View attachment 497863View attachment 497864

Love the photo with car, the boat, the sky. I also think you must have much cleaner snow than we do!!