Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit [mudflaps/ppf] - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doh. I didn’t see the drop down option and it appears I’ve ordered the mudflaps which I already had from a third party recommendation on here.

It’s odd the way they have both products on the same page and you choose between them.

I knew I should have looked on here first.

• Informative
Reactions: tess19
If you follow the link in the email is takes you to the correct product:

Model 3 All Weather Protection Kits:
Mud Flap and Splash Guard Kit

“Order your complimentary All-Weather Protection Kit on the Tesla Shop with your exclusive voucher code for the Mud Flap and Splash Guard kit”

So I guess max value of the offer is £50 and only for the mud flap and splash guard

Last edited:
It may just be a nice gesture by Tesla. But, I can’t help thinking that it is perhaps trying to mitigate issues due to inadequate body protection straight out of the factory. And the claims that they have faced by unhappy owners. Am I being unfair or is anyone else a little sceptical? Having now been offered and accepted the additional protection I wonder how you’d get on if you were to make a claim for paintwork in the associated area if you chose not to fit it?

It may just be a nice gesture by Tesla. But, I can’t help thinking that it is perhaps trying to mitigate issues due to inadequate body protection straight out of the factory. And the claims that they have faced by unhappy owners. Am I being unfair or is anyone else a little sceptical? Having now been offered and accepted the additional protection I wonder how you’d get on if you were to make a claim for paintwork in the associated area if you chose not to fit it?

Thats a fair point. It must be in their interest to do this. If I had any issues with paint I would be looking to claim prior to fitting this.

If you follow the link in the email is takes you to the correct product:

Model 3 All Weather Protection Kits:
Mud Flap and Splash Guard Kit

“Order your complimentary All-Weather Protection Kit on the Tesla Shop with your exclusive voucher code for the Mud Flap and Splash Guard kit”

So I guess max value of the offer is £50 and only for the mud flap and splash guard
It seems to work for either choice. I ordered the paint protection film and it discounted it to £0.

• Love
Reactions: UrbanSplash
it applied to the film... I chose the mudflaps even though I have some thinking that I could flog em on ebay or maybe keep em in case mine don't last the distance. £50 credit for two pieces of film didn't seem like much of an offer to me!

I already have flaps and lower rocker PPF so went with the flaps as a spare. Not convinced my current flaps will last forever if they come into contact with something. Also not sure if the Tesla ones are good for long term use either - some recent comments about debris accumulating behind the flap.

Whilst the order shows the discount, the invoice doesn't and I do get a £0.00 pending transaction from Tesla on the registered card.

Entered my code but it does not apply to the film - pity, I already have mudflaps and was eyeing the protection film

Got the email, followed the link, entered the code and it says ‘invalid’.... anyone else?

Did you remember to remove the asterisk on the end of the code?

It seems that Tesla added this in error for some reason. I ordered the paint protection film, as I already have mudflaps, and it was discounted to zero.