Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla allowed to open Richmond VA location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Unfortunately, I believe this is only the first (actually, the second) salvo in this fight. Expect to see this challenged in court. Also, it is understood that VADA has spent lots of time and money in the VA legislature. We need to keep up by contacting our legislators and state officials in support.

I expect this is true. Virginia owners might want to continue to correspond with legislators to further inform.

After all, with the advent of Model 3, wouldn't you want more than two service centers in Virginia?

Such great news!!! And a special THANK YOU to all who took time from their busy days to exercise their democratic rights by voicing their opinions and feelings in the multiple hearings. You know what would be awesome? If, when they open the new facility that those who testified get recognized or memorialized at the building somehow.

Selfishly, the location is within a 7-iron of my office, so I will avail myself of that opportunity much more frequently...

Such great news!!! And a special THANK YOU to all who took time from their busy days to exercise their democratic rights by voicing their opinions and feelings in the multiple hearings. You know what would be awesome? If, when they open the new facility that those who testified get recognized or memorialized at the building somehow.

Selfishly, the location is within a 7-iron of my office, so I will avail myself of that opportunity much more frequently...
hsctiger93...Off topic... but did you Colbert's nod to HSC this week and To Manners Born, To Manners Bred...
Class of '97 here,
Best,

This is great news! I wasn't expecting this. I have been following this closely and as mentioned before, the VADA spends a lot of money for lobbying and in the legislature.

I live about 5 minutes from both the supercharger and now the service center. I can provide pictures/updates if anyone wants.

Stopped by recently? Would be impressed if construction started already.

So... no visible work. An outer wall will have to be demo'd, or the existing truck bays will have to be altered a great deal in order to allow for vehicles to enter the building. The front entrance was roped off and I didn't go peek into the building, but it doesn't appear that anything has happened yet.

• Informative
Reactions: OBX John
So... no visible work. An outer wall will have to be demo'd, or the existing truck bays will have to be altered a great deal in order to allow for vehicles to enter the building. The front entrance was roped off and I didn't go peek into the building, but it doesn't appear that anything has happened yet.

I'd guess the permits would take several months even with no opposition. Hopefully there's no one nearby who wants to delay things - one disgruntled neighbor can gum up the works for months in my experience. Hopefully construction won't take too long after permits are issued - seems most commercial contractors are very efficient once they get going.