Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla allowed to open Richmond VA location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been planning on a visit to see old skydiving buddies in Richmond. So I guess it will be in Aug.

IMG_1971.jpg

Reactions: EVTECH
Went by the site today, lot's of work has been completed ( sorry forgot to take more photos ). The service desks have computers now, the show room has TV's and displays for Solar and AutoPilot, furniture is in place in 1/2 of the site, I suspect the other half is going to be a showroom of sorts with a S, X and a 3 eventually, so not sure how much actual furniture will be in that room. Overall solid progress, just a couple weeks away I suspect.

Their was a blue model X parked out front charging, but everything was vacant, so I wonder if they were working on things inside.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson and vdiv
Hey everyone. I had a few extra minutes in my day and drove over to the new dealership. There were no more trucks, construction vehicles, etc. anywhere to be seen. I can confirm everything that others have said that other than some electric cars and cool people this place looks ready for business. I even got a chance to test the chargers out front and can confirm that they are 72 AMP chargers. Certainly no Superchargers but much better than nothing!

I snagged a couple of pictures of the finished exterior of the building, as much of the interior as I could get without the glare from the glass window and charging speeds. We are almost ready folks!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7f.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_83.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_80.jpg

Reactions: BillyMadison
So, going on the tesla store page, it still says it's incompatible with the refresh model s, am I missing something? Is there another part#?
Tesla — Dual Charger with Installation
The dual charger was for the original Model S which had a 40A charger-- this was a second 40A charger that could be added at the service center.

The 72A charger is not listed in the Tesla store. It replaces the 48A charger, its not something to add to the car. Call your service center to ask about ordering it.

Swung by the coming SC for my weekly update, no pictures today, but I can confirm the Kuerig machine for the waiting area has arrived! I saw the box sitting on the counter under the 55" TV screen. Also, saw some nice windex and paper towels on the service desk. On the other side of the showroom they now have a flat panel solar display and a power wall all setup. I ran around the back and all the lifts and heavy machinery appears to be in place, so overall, great progress.

So, it's August, anyone heard any new scuttlebutt? I'll swing by the SC sometime this week, but just wondering =).

My father drove up from the Blacksburg area to bring his vehicle to the Tyson's location for some service/repairs and they asked why he didn't take his vehicle to the Richmond Service Center. Are we sure it's not open yet?

I still don't understand why it is not even listed as "Coming Soon" on the "Find Us" Tesla map.. I think it must have something to do with the status of the (Darth) VADA legal battle. I'm still afraid they're waiting for that to be totally finalized before opening.