Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla allowed to open Richmond VA location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0575.JPG IMG_0579.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPG
Really nice event tonight as others have said. Got a chance to meet some cool, local Tesla owners, shake hands with the Governor and have a couple of drinks with the Mrs. Best part is that I think that I convinced the Wife on a Model X so I've got that going for me.

Just took Blue Steel in for a 12v battery replacement. Appointment had to be scheduled about 8 days in advance which really isn't bad.

Still trying to figure out their scheduling. I was told to show up at 830am. Not 8, not 831. But 830. I showed up early and that seemed to cause some confusion but they sorted it out. One car ahead of me wasn't scheduled at all and their 8am didn't show up until 840. In the end it really shouldn't matter what order the cars come in, right?

Anyway, when I made the appointment the guy said my battery was under warranty. But I had 60k miles on it, so I double checked and he said it was. When I came into the shop, the tech said it wasn't under warranty (made more sense to me). $250 all-in for replacement. When I went to pay, the nice man at the service desk said it was his mistake to claim it under warranty. The "system" gave him a green checkmark which apparently meant warranty item. They ended up doing my battery replacement under goodwill.

I'll return soon since I'm at 61k and the next 12.5k service will be at 62.5k. At that time I expect my bill will be just a bit higher.

• Funny
Reactions: EVTECH and boaterva
OK. You folks are just going to have to hear about another service rave out of the Richmond SC...

Took Blue Steel in for 62.5k. Was told it was going to cost $475. Cool.

I had a cosmetic thing for them to look at... one of those "you'll never believe this happened" kind of things where my kid left a basketball in a perfect blind spot in the garage. As I pulled into the garage... the ball, fully inflated, got wedged between the inside of my tire and the wheel well. As I rocked the car back and forth to figure out why it was rolling funny, the ball popped/broke all the little plastic fasteners that held the cloth wheel well to the frame. Wasn't sure what it would take to fix but I didn't want a loose wheel well!

Had to do the road test since my drive unit was whining. Yep, drive unit replacement. Which they had plenty in stock. Smart.

I got, not exaggerating, a 2014 P85 loaner with a serial number about 2000 units later than mine. Beautiful grey with turbine wheels, red brake calipers, metal accellerator/brake. Breathtaking. Still smelled new. And it had LESS THAN 7k MILES! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? Sweet ride.

Got text messages showing the stages of progress. That's new and awesome vs. our ICE.

Came back expecting them to charge me for fixing the cosmetic issue, like a dealership would. 25 cents for the parts, $150 for labor for a 5 minute job. That kind of thing. Nope. Goodwill. Said it took them seconds to fix and didn't need to charge me. Um, OK. That's pretty dang awesome.

Just a great experience all around.

That said, glad to see @EVTECH on the board. Not sure if you remember that squeaking sound coming from the left front wheel when the temps get cold and I go over a speed bump, but it's making the noise again. Not urgent to fix, but thought I'd let you know since we both thought we solved it last winter. If I go into the SC, can they pull your notes on it? Not worried about whether it's warranty or not. Just want to get to the bottom of the issue once and for all...