Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Among Most Trusted Tech Brands: Facebook Least

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla did not disappoint in consumers’ trust rankings.

According to the latest survey about consumers trust in top tech companies, Tesla is in pretty solid shape with lack of trust from just 1% of consumers.

The worst score is 40% (Facebook), followed by Twitter and Amazon (both 8%).

“According to a December survey of 1,000 people conducted earlier this month by research company Toluna, 40 percent of respondents said they trust Facebook the least with their personal information. That deep mistrust stems not only from the various data leaks and privacy fiascos but also from revelations of how the company and its top executives, Mark Zuckeberg and Sheryl Sandberg, have handled those crises.”

Caring for trust has become a major task, as cars become more digital with all the infotainment features, navigation, connectivity with phone, history of using the car and mobile apps.

Companies people trust the least with personal information*:

Facebook – 40%

Twitter – 8%

Amazon – 8%

Uber – 7%

Google – 6%

Lyft – 6%

Snap – 4%

Apple – 4%

Microsoft – 2%

Netflix – 1%

Tesla – 1%

* online survey completed by 1,000 respondents between December 9th, 2018 and December 15th, 2018 – source: Toluna via Recode

Source: pcmag.com

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more impressed if Tesla had as many customers as Facebook.
Actually, let's try that. Tesla sell a billion cars, then we re-test. Come on Elon, I'm ready, when you put out ordering for RHD Model 3.
PS. Netflix are really good, their customer service helped me a lot when a Venezuelan cloned and took over my account.

I believe the main reason that Tesla is trustable and Facebook is not is that the CEO of Tesla uses social media sites, and will sometimes respond to actual real people, whereas the Facebook CEO has nothing to do with social media responsibility and dealing with the public at all, never showing up on social media to talk to anyone. One is pro-human, and the other pretends like humans should never talk to each other nor have any responsibility.