Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla and being blame for being rich

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngogas

Sep 19, 2018
Utah
First off I don’t even go to this rec center. I received this in my mail box today with no return address. Do people assume Tesla are rich owners? What about BMW or Mercedes or Audi’s?

There are a few Tesla model 3 in my area and they just assume. I drive by this place cause it’s next to my son school.

Attachments

• 81E709D7-9DFE-4217-B14D-B7831976FE83.jpeg
    81E709D7-9DFE-4217-B14D-B7831976FE83.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 180
Why would i post this if i was sneaking in @OCR1?

Coward didn't even leave a return address. Creepy he knows where i live. I wish they come to confront me about it though.

I posted it in the wrong place here. here is the link to the right dicussion.

Tesla owner equal rich?

People lump tesla in with BMW / Mercedes etc. People think you have to be "rich" to drive those too, but the cheapest models of those are cheaper than the cheapest teslas.

Whoever that is likely lives somewhere by you and / or has confused you with someone else driving a tesla like yours.... but they mention you AND your wife so, it sounds like they feel they have some experience following you. Is the "cottonwood heights rec center" your community rec center or something?

I don't think he/she is saying you are rich. You are thinking they are thinking that.

All they said is if you can afford a Tesla you can afford a pass which is probably quite true.
I would suspect the same letter could happen with any nice car.

I think you need figure why they think your are using the gym/rec center and get the Tesla thing out of your head.

Maybe a Similar Tesla owner is using the rec center and they assumed it was you or something.
Perhaps ask other Tesla owners around the neighborhood and see if they might know what's going on, they are a friendly bunch after all :)

I don't think he/she is saying you are rich. You are thinking they are thinking that.

All they said is if you can afford a Tesla you can afford a pass which is probably quite true.
I would suspect the same letter could happen with any nice car.

I think you need figure why they think your are using the gym/rec center and get the Tesla thing out of your head.

Maybe a Similar Tesla owner is using the rec center and they assumed it was you or something.
Perhaps ask other Tesla owners around the neighborhood and see if they might know what's going on, they are a friendly bunch after all :)
yes I was thinking exactly the same thing.

OP, you should take a photocopy of the letter and write on it "I don't use this gym" and post it near the gym/and or your car.
People lump tesla in with BMW / Mercedes etc. People think you have to be "rich" to drive those too, but the cheapest models of those are cheaper than the cheapest teslas.
That's not true. Cheapest model 3 is 39,900 right now. Plus 3750 tax credit. Cheapest 3 series 40,250 MSRP. Granted you are unlikely to pay the full MSRP, but you aren't getting 5k off sticker on a base 3.