TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla and BMW allied to produce sport electric cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Raffy.Roma, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

#1 Raffy.Roma, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    According to this article Tesla and BMW are allied to produce sport electric cars. :cool:

BMW - Tesla alleanza elettrica per le sportive - Auto

Sorry that the article is in Italian but you can easily translate it by using Google.

According to BMW:

Entrambe le società si impegnano a promuovere lo sviluppo della mobilità elettrica a livello internazionale

(Translation)

"Both the companies are willing to promote the development of electric vehicles at international level"

Nice to see that BMW understood that the future of vehicles is electric.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I tried to find an English language article about that topic. I Goolged "tesla bmw sports car alliance" but could not find anything.

It would certainly be a surprise if Tesla and BMW have entered into any kind of formal partnership to produce EZs.

At this point I am skeptical.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Actually the above linked article mentions a meeting between Tesla and BMW to produce sport electric cars together. Maybe that there is not a formal agreement yet between Tesla and BMW.