Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla and Media Coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, my wife and I have just gotten to watching a National Geographic Channel series titled "Years of Living Dangerously". I know this show has been around for a while, but having 2 babies we haven't much time for TV :)

We've watched about 90% of the episodes so far, and although we're really enjoying what the series has to offer, we can't help but notice that the show hasn't made much mention of Tesla or Elon Musk.

We wouldn't regards ourselves as Tesla/Elon fanboys, but we definitely believe in the work they're doing- and to that end we're a bit disappointed that the show hasn't interviewed Musk (at least in the episodes we've seen thus far).

Also, we're regular listeners of NPR. One show in particular, On Point with Tom Ashbrook, aired an episode titled "Today’s Fight For The Electric Car Of Tomorrow", really pissed me off :mad: (so much so that my wife still teases me about it). :)

As much as I respect Tom, I really felt that this particular episode was one of the more uninformed shows he's done in while, and I attribute that to his guests- Aaron Robinson, executive editor for Car and Driver; Mark Vaughn, West Coast editor for Autoweek; Darin Gesse, product manager for Chevy electric vehicles.

Any thoughts out there?

This last Wed. episode of "Incorporated" on the SyFy channel had a segment taking place in 2066, 8 years before most of the action in 2074. The Earth is then a global warming decimated planet run by despotic corporations. Self driving electric cars are the norm. A corporation "enforcer" played by Dennis Haysbert on a rescue mission in the "Red Zone" drives up in a Model S. The implication is that that 50 year old car is still competitive in that world. A "Newspaper" is a transparent plastic sheet that changes content. A headline seen in reverse from the back side of the sheet reads, "Tropical Storm Forms Off Iceland". You had to pause the frame and read it backwards. The show is full of little stuff like that.

Reactions: dhrivnak