Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla and SpaceX Board Member Jurvetson Suspended After Harassment Allegations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steve Jurvetson, a venture capital investor and Tesla and SpaceX board member, is leaving his VC firm Draper Fisher Jurveston after an investigation into sexual harassment allegations. Jurvetson was also put on leave from his board positions at both Tesla and SpaceX.

Statement from DFJ:

“As of today and by mutual agreement, Steve Jurvetson will be leaving DFJ. DFJ’s culture has been, and will continue to be, built on the values of respect and integrity in all of our interactions. We are focused on the success of our portfolio companies, as well as the long-term vision for the firm and will continue to operate with the highest professional standards.”

Jurvetson via Twitter:

“I am leaving DFJ to focus on personal matters, including taking legal action against those whose false statements have defamed me.”

DFJ’s investigation was prompted by a blog post from Los Angeles-based entrepreneur Keri Kukral that said “Women approached by founding partners of Draper Fisher Jurvetson should be careful. Predatory behavior is rampant.” She did not name any individuals.

Jurvetson famously owns the first Founder’s Series Model S off the assembly line. In an interview, Jurvetson said he spotted details for the Model S and immediately placed an order.

“The policy was that only after the car was officially on sale and the price had been set could anybody reserve a Model S. They were about to open the meeting, so without saying a word I whip out my wallet, where I always keep one check, fill it out for the full price of the car, and then toss it across the table. Everyone was stunned.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very concerned this MIGHT be a takeover attempt of Tesla by anti-human globalists, trying to ruin Elon's efforts and what we've been supporting him to do. Activist stockholders already conned Tesla into adding some globalist activist directors (two of them), and this could be helping clear the way for them to take over and ruin Tesla (as far as fixing the world of dirty and immoral energy on any kind of timescale considered reasonable). Ditto Mars and SpaceX. I have no idea if it's just as low as trying to steal the profitable business that is Tesla all the way up to the most evil, anti-humanists trying to take out all human life, or anywhere in between. I'm just concerned, and as a concern, I truly hope Elon Musk is working to harden his control over Tesla to make certain such atrocities don't happen now, soon, or later.

I do understand that it might be prudent to pass the solar-battery-powered L.E.D. (instead of torch) over to someone better to achieve this than Elon, but that person simply doesn't exist right now, mostly due to Elon's insistence he never train anybody, but that's water under the bridge at this point; that means only Elon can make certain Tesla goes the right direction for now (in terms of control and direction).

I know very very little about Steve Jurveston, and so therefore have no insight into his human story. However, the above has me most concerned.

Edit: I should add, that after investigating this further, I cannot find any glaring clues that this is a direct takedown attempt, BUT, I HAVE TO assume the worst COULD happen (regardless of whether it IS happening or WILL happen) with something as vital as Tesla, and recommend that its leadership harden its clean (and morally clean) energy duties to the world (by wresting control from the activist investor "demanded" newcomers, or whatever risks there are to that prime mission).

During this non-comprehensive short investigation, on a website of an organization the accuser was interested in, I found a gem of a video on their super-left website (which surprisingly was refreshingly clean of SJW fascist anti-Trump anti-white etc. garbage), which wasn't the old commie adage that we "must all reduce energy consumption" and all that anti-humanist crap; here's the link to it (I'm referring to the embedded 2 minute 50 second Vimeo near the bottom; I have no idea what the "Documentary" above it says):

Power

Last edited:
Pretty much all of the Sand Hill Road VC firms are terrible with regards to their treatment of women. Used to work for a contractor that wired many of these firms offices, and these guys would behave/talk in ways that would get our construction guys fired in an instant. In a moment now where women are feeling safer to speak out against the bad behavior they experience in the workplace.

Nothing to do with "globalists".

Pretty much all of the Sand Hill Road VC firms are terrible with regards to their treatment of women. Used to work for a contractor that wired many of these firms offices, and these guys would behave/talk in ways that would get our construction guys fired in an instant. In a moment now where women are feeling safer to speak out against the bad behavior they experience in the workplace.

Nothing to do with "globalists".
I appreciate the information. I was lacking that insight into this. (Coincidentally, I always avoid taking Sand Hill Road home, because it seems to have the most low class drivers on it of all the Stanford roads over to Junipero Serra Freeway. There are many red lights and many sheep/cow-like drivers waiting forever on that road. Perhaps that's part of why I never ran into that bad behavior stuff (even sharing a queue at a Shell station or something; come to think of it, I hated the people at that Shell station, and that's part of why I never took that route; perhaps I was dimly unconsciously aware).)

Last edited:
Personally I find it more likely that these allegations are fuelled by the macro events (and the alleged personal events), rather than anything Tesla related. Steve Jurvetson is relevant, but not that relevant, Tesla-wise.

takeover attempt of Tesla by anti-human globalists

super-left website (which surprisingly was refreshingly clean of SJW fascist anti-Trump anti-white etc. garbage)

I always like to talk about the California climate and Teslas as California cars, and my understanding of them, but I must admit my beliefs of the California political climate at least seem to have been mistaken. :D Darn you, mainstream media and fake news!

Last edited: