Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Android app keeping GPS turned on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else seeing the latest Android app keep their phone's GPS turned on? I've seen this more than once if I forget to kill the app when I'm finished using it, which seems to be standard-operating-policy to solve the initial-connection problems. Screenshot attached showing a cumulative 5 hours worth of active GPS usage since this morning.

Screenshot_20160126-160156.png

Is anyone else seeing the latest Android app keep their phone's GPS turned on? I've seen this more than once if I forget to kill the app when I'm finished using it, which seems to be standard-operating-policy to solve the initial-connection problems. Screenshot attached showing a cumulative 5 hours worth of active GPS usage since this morning.
I noticed this too. I was wondering why when I checked my battery status that the Tesla app used up the most battery at the time. Marshmallow 6.01 on Nexus 6. I've since started killing the app after using it. Could be the newer Tesla app that was recently updated too.

There was a recent update to the Tesla app and I believe it took care of the battery drain issue. I intentionally left the program sitting in the background this time and I don't see it being an issue now, nor does it appear as an app that utilizes the most battery.

Either Tesla looked at all the comments about battery drain from the Play Store or Android Doze let Google know that the app wasn't playing nicely and cracked a whip to the Tesla developers.