Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Android App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I finally am a proud owner of a pre-owned P85 red with Pano and Tech. I love the car. I just got connected with the Tesla app and it loads great on my phone. One issue I have, prior to delivery the PO reset all the settings back to factory. Since then the car tried to update twice and failed after having it for a couple days. On my screen the panoroof information is all there and you can go through the motions however the car doesn't recognize that it's there. The phone app also shows the vent feature however it is blanked out and I cannot activate it. It's almost as if the car doesn't know it has a Pano roof. The steering wheel controls work fine and go through the motions with the front screen however the roof is still unresponsive. Any help in this would be great.

How is the software. Is it in a state where "there are no new updates available"?

I have no access to Tesla's wiring diagram, but I expect the roof motor has at least 3 wires.
Negative, Positive (from the fuse) and data/command. Power pins must be fine. no resistance with ground on negative, 12V supply from positive.
Also regular multimeter MIGHT get reaction to commands when roof is adjusting and nothing happens.
Depends what is going on on that pin.
But I'm not actually sure that motor is behind that cover between sunvisors. Likely it is.

BTW, the Android app won't even activate the roof button, like it's not there , so frustrating

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-07-19-34-05.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-07-19-34-05.png
    747.6 KB · Views: 63
It's a symptom. That's good. Not frustrating. Because it doesn't work no matter is it on the app or not.
If you are not ready to do more, go visit the shop. It might be software problem. That would be easy to fix.

Did you remove the fuse temporarily when you checked it? Just asking, no need to do it.