TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla announces 8 year extended warranty for 85 kwh models Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Aug 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

Just saw Elon Musk's blog about the extended warranty. I sent a message about the 40 and 60 kwh models. What do you guys think?

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

3. drtko147

drtko147 Active Member

Attached Files:

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Thanks for researching drtko..I was wondering the same thing :)

5. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

great news, this should allay any lingering fears.

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

That's nice. But I feel so sorry for all those people that are not in Hawaii that own this car.

7. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

I got the extended warranty also. I think they are referring to the drive unit only and not the entire warranty coverage so I doubt they will offer any refunds, but we can hope.
    for the 40s/60s 125,000 mile drive unit warranty, isn't it the same drive unit? If so, shouldn't it be unlimited miles also?

8. gg_got_a_tesla

Sorry for jumping in the Hawaii thread again - hey, I do spend a couple of weeks there every other year :) - but, the extended warranty is probably a must-have as it goes beyond the drivetrain. Imagine a failing touchscreen, door handles, pano roof or air suspension in year 6 or 7; that'd be a very costly repair without the warranty.

At $2.5k up until a year ago, the extended warranty was a 'great deal'; at $4k now, it's a little excessive but...

9. spleen

spleen Active Member

Agreed, the extended warranty covers other things than just the drivetrain. Still has value, just not the same value.

10. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Haven't seen your car at any of the Hawaii Tesla Owner meet-ups. are you sure you've been to Hawaii:biggrin:

11. gg_got_a_tesla

There's always a first time :) Any meetup on the Big Island in the last week of Dec or on Kauai the week after?!