Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Announces Color-Change Wrap Service in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla is offering a vinyl wrap option to customers in China. The new Tesla-managed wrap service was announced on the company’s Wibo account.

The service has launched in five cities – Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Suzhou. Other cities will be announced this month, according the the post

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk previously mentioned wraps. When asked on Twitter if the raw steel Cybertruck would be offered in colors, Musk said “You will be able to wrap it in any color or pattern.” Whether or not Tesla would provide those wraps as a service was left ambiguous.

Tesla’s announcement said that with more Tesla’s on the road, it’s tougher to recognize the correct car. A “Color Changed Car Jacket” is a way to stand out at the charging station. 

The post said there will be “many available colors.” Photos accompanying the post show a Model X wrapped in a bright yellow. 

0084SbP7gy1ghg4v1s9e3j30sg0iwwqf-1024x680.jpg

0084SbP7gy1ghg4v1ybr1j30sg0iw7hd-1-1024x680.jpg

0084SbP7gy1ghg4v1xowpj30sg0iwds1-1-1024x680.jpg

The post did not offer details about pricing or warranty.

It will be interesting to see if Tesla will expand the service to the U.S. Wrapping a car can be expensive, but Tesla may be able to bring the cost down if the service reaches scale.

How much would you pay for a Tesla wrap? What color would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Again - cheap & high quality labors make difference.
1. No California paint chemical restrictions resulted to a better paint quality.
2. Chinese labors are far better than US labors.
3. Wrapping a car in China is much cheaper than in US.

Reactions: daviddfann
I am another Model X owner disappointed with the paint. $130k for this car and on the first 2000 mile road trip, I have to have the front professionally buffed out because bugs ruined the finish. 150k road miles on my Escalade and 100k miles on my Lexus and that was NEVER an issue... and the Escalade was black!!!

No wonder Tesla Sales recommends a clear wrap on the front. They were right. In my opinion, if their paint and clear coat are that bad from Fremont, they should offer the clear wrap free on a $100k++ car.

That's interesting, everyone would get a "bare metal" finish rolling off the line, and you would pay to wrap it in your color pref.

That's actually brilliant, because the company can pump out non-stop the same car with Black or White interior options, and the wrap can be done later based on demand...

Hope it comes to US. Ceramic coating, too.
More competition = more reviews = clearer who offer best QC vs. pricing...
Am guessing some who offer service now will become Tesla contractors?
Some owners can be more :eek::eek::eek: picky with Tesla but hesitate to critique independents...