Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the exact same thing to myself when these questions were being raised. Tesla *needs* to hire an expert PR firm to take control of the narrative. That's what you do when you don't know the exact solution and what you've tried has barely done anything. I get that Elon is super against advertising, and for good reason, but there are ways to execute sincere advertising campaigns that are truthful, and don't feel like you're making things up to make yourself look good.

Except good advertising has this unfortunate byproduct... people wanting to buy your stuff. When most already wait a month for their car and Tesla has a known inability to treat waiting people well, how much more demand do you want to drum up?

Except good advertising has this unfortunate byproduct... people wanting to buy your stuff. When most already wait a month for their car and Tesla has a known inability to treat waiting people well, how much more demand do you want to drum up?

Perhaps... but when I ordered my model 3 it was available for pickup 3 days later. That was in March. Like someone previously said, though, you can have PR without doing advertising. Maybe the time for marketing hasn't yet come (But I think it will soon), but they definitely need to hire someone to address the ridiculous negative press.

OK, the one I had to double-check. The official targeted release for Model Y is Fall 2020, but the *internal* target is sooner, but they want to give themselves contingency time.

Wow, he finally learned how to do that! Let's see him do that for the other things he announces. :)

... and hey, he did the same thing for Powerwall/Powerpack growth for 2019. "Internally, we have a higher target than that..."

2-3 GWh.

Walked in late, but they're still doing business. Board got most of what it wanted, but #4/#5 were rejected for getting less than a supermajority! Those were the shorter board terms and removal of supermajority requirements! Apparently more than 1/3 of the Tesla stockholders still want those anti-takeover provisions.
I believe he said those proposals recieved 99% yes votes, but less than 66-2/3 of the total potential votes. Low turnout (or abstain) for the loss.

I believe he said those proposals recieved 99% yes votes, but less than 66-2/3 of the total potential votes. Low turnout (or abstain) for the loss.
Got it.

I'll admit, I didn't vote all my shares. I voted the ones where the broker bothered to send me paper proxies, but on the accounts where they didn't, I was not going to go to the trouble.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I found this information quite interesting:

63% of Model 3 owners traded a Non-Premium vehicle.​

This means that owners of a typical $30k car, didn't hesitated to buy a $60k Model 3 instead.

20180611Ttreadin .jpg

I plan to vote with the Board and support Elon, but do you guys think it will pass? Let's all put on our unbiased hats over here. Stock is down, Elon's politics have alienated a significant portion of our fellow shareholders, and I'm not sure which institutional will vote which way. Vanguard, State Street, BlackRock will own most of the institutional voting shares. Retail is 44% though, so that is a good sign.

I plan to vote with the Board and support Elon, but do you guys think it will pass? Let's all put on our unbiased hats over here. Stock is down, Elon's politics have alienated a significant portion of our fellow shareholders, and I'm not sure which institutional will vote which way. Vanguard, State Street, BlackRock will own most of the institutional voting shares. Retail is 44% though, so that is a good sign.
Same here. I'll vote for it, but I'm a lot more unsure about the overall sentiment of the shareholders. I bet it passes, but maybe by not as much as last time...

As a long time shareholder I’m voting against Elon’s pay package and against the two board members up for reelection; Kimbal and James Murdoch.

I’m very concerned about Elon’s apparent decision to cancel/postpone the lower cost “Model 2” in favor of introducing the “robotaxi” on August 8th and then presumably starting to sell it next year.

There are so many obstacles to fully autonomous cars that are beyond Teslas control. The regulatory barriers are enormous. So far Cruise and Waymo have failed. Their trials in SF and Arizona have been under very restricted conditions in limited areas at slow speeds and in SF in off hours. And I do not consider those trials to be a success. Governments are not willing to risk the lives of their citizens by giving driverless cars the right to use public roads. Here’s the latest example BC makes Level 3/4/5 autonomous driving systems illegal, for now

The other obstacle is public acceptance; people are not clamoring for robotaxis and I think the vast majority of people will not entrust their lives to a driverless car. There are also big practical obstacles to the idea of individuals buying a robotaxi and trying to make money off of it. How does it charge autonomously during the day? The owner is going to have to monitor it constantly or at least frequently. Are anonymous people going to vandalize it just out of spite? Would not surprise me in the least in America.

I don’t think Tesla is going to make any significant money in the near future selling FSD. I have had two FSD V13 demo drives in my neighbors Y and while it amazes me it also makes errors in ideal driving conditions; minimal traffic and clear skies. It will get better of course and my neighbor loves it but I’m not convinced it will ever reach Level 5.

What will drive sales is a significantly less costly Tesla. And if Elon has decided that Tesla cannot compete on price against BYD and other Chinese companies than I think Tesla will plateau or shrink, not grow, despite the energy storage and solar business. The solar roof tiles are definitely not a success and the Semi is far behind schedule.

Elon is making too many strategic mistakes. He gets diverted by trying to solve engineering problems that don’t need solving; X Falcon Wing doors, stainless steel bodied trucks, and now robotaxis. And his purchase of Twitter was a massive mistake and arguably a violation of his fiduciary duty to Tesla, taking up too much of his time when he was already spread thin.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but if after the Model S Elon had skipped the X and focused on the 3 and then the Y, and then a cheaper Model 2 hatchback style I think Tesla would be on a strong growth trajectory. Forget the $250K sport cars and the crazy pickup truck designs. I love the CT engineering achievements but the vehicle took too long to bring to market, didn’t nearly meet the previously stated cost and range numbers, and sucked up too many resources.

It is time for a CEO change at Tesla.

IMO Biggest risk to the board’s recommendations not passing is not enough shares being voted.

@ecarfan while I don’t disagree with some of your concerns you sound like you don’t want to invest in what Tesla has become. Your version of the company does not have a tremendous upside and I would not want to invest in it either. May I respectfully ask that if outsized gains are not in your forecast that you sell out and not vote.