Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla anti-ice window treatment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are plenty of these types of products such as Rain-X and my own favourite Angelwax H2GO. Less than a tenner for the latter and so easy to do yourself. They do make a difference when clearing ice off the windows and the water beads off better when raining and when you are washing. IIRC (coz I ran out before I got the M3) I could drive above 30mph without the wipers because the rain just rolled off the windscreen. Might be answer for people who don't like the auto wipers :)

Reactions: exlatccatsa
100% this.
As an added bonus you can pee the neighbours off as they are stood there scraping the ice off last-century's technology by giving them a cheery wave as you glide off in your nicely-warmed, frost free EV. :D

My last two ICE cars (pardon the pun) could do this. With the added advantage I wasn't driving about with chunks of ice flying off the bonnet :)

I assume it was a plug in hybrid then?
Nope, big fat stinking diesel.

Don't get me wrong, the M3 is a brilliant car and I love it, but a lot of the technology has been done before - arguably better.

10 years ago my BMW had:

An app that allowed you to control the car
Self parking
Auto wipers (that worked)
AEB (that could drive past hedges)
TACC (that didn't try to kill you)

It also had a HUD, but I won't start that on here :)

Where Tesla have scored is these are all standard options whereas BMW made you pay extra for them - even for indicators :)