Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AP2 connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what kind of connector the AP2 side marker cameras use?

I'm thinking about installing AP2 side markers on my AP1 car and then wiring it into my own computer for homemade sentry mode.

I just need to know the technical stuff about the side cameras to see if its feasible or not.

Would be interested if you were able to find any more info because I'm interested in doing this as well.

This is the only thing I could find on the side marker cameras from TeslaTap with the technical data sheet for the Aptina camera located here.

AutoPilot 2.0 Cameras

Common color cameras use four filters – RGGB (red, green, green, blue) over cells to create a single color pixel (two green are used to increase the resolution/luminance. Most Tesla cameras use clear on 3 cells for monochrome and a red filter on the fourth cell (RCCC). This increases the monochrome light sensitivity, as color is not important, except for the ability to detect red traffic lights and taillights.

All but the rear camera is the same Aptina AR0132 camera (Aptina is now On Semiconductor). It is a 1/3 inch CMOS 1.2M device, capable of 720p at 60 fps. Tesla appears to be using a visual field of 1280 x 960 at 30 fps. An addition 4 vertical rows of camera (not visual) data make each frame 1280 x 964.

The rear camera uses the OmniVision OV10635 720p CMOS sensor Tesla is using 1160 x 720 at 30 fps. SMK from Japan appears to be the company assembling the module. At the introduction of AP2, the rear camera module changed and has a built-in heating element. The module is connected via four wires – power and LVDS data lines.