Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla API Broken ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just trying to get my Ohme to get my car charge state and it won't. Notice also that Teslamate isn't talking to it either.

Thought I'd try checking the Tesla API with Postman. Doing the usual

https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token?grant_type=password

I get:

{
"response": "endpoint_deprecated:_please_update_your_app."
}

Has anyone else got issues with Ohme / Teslamate etc? Anyone else tinker with the API and can verify they get the same?

Had the same problem with Ohme last night, ended up trying to reinstall my car to the app but it wouldn’t let me so used a generic Model 3 to charge. Sent them feedback via app. Tried to reinstall the car again this morning and it now works.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the API switched to needing 2FA (or proper OAuth) at some point in the near future.. at the moment it's a bit of a security hole allowing non-2FA access (which I believe Tesla still do because not everyone has updated the tesla app - they're giving it a while for things to update, which is sensible).

^ this

upload_2021-1-31_9-49-18.png

upload_2021-1-31_9-52-31.png

We have been having trouble with the Tesla V3 API. We thought we figured out the solution this morning but although the errors are gone we are still unable to retrieve data. Anyone here have a consistent working solution at the moment?

What we have seen so far:
  • On May 8th (around the afternoon) EST /v3/ started giving 403's.
  • Friday Tesla had some outages probably due to another deployment.
  • Over the weekend some people had succes using the /v1.
  • On sunday /v3/ became available again but it is not working consistent