Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla API help needed - perf_config missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was told by my service center that they have uncorked my late 2016 75D and also have it in writing.
I do not believe that they have actually done it as it was a back and forth to get them to agree to do it and they would not show me proof after doing it after I requested in person many times today (they have a very bad rep online for this behavior, so I have to check them).

I was sure I could open the API when the car was on my account as I did, but when going to the vehicle state, I do not see the perf_config line on either my 75D or my M3.

Please advise if this has somehow been removed or if there is another API I could use instead of Tesla Owner JSON API · Apiary.

They removed it for sure about a year ago.

Mine is uncorked and it doesn't say anything about that in the car profile.

The only way now is by measuring.

Uncorking makes a fairly significant difference though, you should feel it right away.

My car was supposedly uncorked but then I got a newer loaner at the SC and it felt totally different. Told the service center and they confirmed the previous uncorking was not performed properly.

Reactions: daverosen5
Thank you for confirming that yours does not say it in your profile! This helps me try to believe them.
Problem is I had a M3 that did 5.3 and now I have the 75D and I cannot feel if there is a difference, whether slower or faster.
I feel like it gives more of a kick, but I sold my M3 a few weeks back and cannot remember.