Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla API help needed - perf_config missing

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
Hello,

I was told by my service center that they have uncorked my late 2016 75D and also have it in writing.
I do not believe that they have actually done it as it was a back and forth to get them to agree to do it and they would not show me proof after doing it after I requested in person many times today (they have a very bad rep online for this behavior, so I have to check them).

I was sure I could open the API when the car was on my account as I did, but when going to the vehicle state, I do not see the perf_config line on either my 75D or my M3.

Please advise if this has somehow been removed or if there is another API I could use instead of Tesla Owner JSON API · Apiary.

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
Regarding my question above, I see on the forum now that it is reported that Tesla removed us from seeing the perf_config on the API, so no way I will know if this was done.

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
They removed it for sure about a year ago.

Mine is uncorked and it doesn't say anything about that in the car profile.

The only way now is by measuring.

Uncorking makes a fairly significant difference though, you should feel it right away.

My car was supposedly uncorked but then I got a newer loaner at the SC and it felt totally different. Told the service center and they confirmed the previous uncorking was not performed properly.

Reactions: daverosen5

daverosen5

Apr 16, 2019
Austin, TX
Thank you for confirming that yours does not say it in your profile! This helps me try to believe them.
Problem is I had a M3 that did 5.3 and now I have the 75D and I cannot feel if there is a difference, whether slower or faster.
I feel like it gives more of a kick, but I sold my M3 a few weeks back and cannot remember.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC