TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla API Token Generator

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MarcusMaximus, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mobsidian

Mobsidian Member

Nevermind. I tried on a mac and it worked. Thanks!

2. ramonneke

ramonneke Member

I'm using the curl statement but getting the following response:

Code:
    {"response":"authorization_required_for_txid_``"}

I'm using :

Code:
    curl -X POST -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW" -F "grant_type=password" -F "client_id=e4a9949fcfa04068f59abb5a658f2bac0a3428e4652315490b659d5ab3f35a9e" -F "client_secret=c75f14bbadc8bee3a7594412c31416f8300256d7668ea7e6e7f06727bfb9d220" -F "email=USER_YOUR_EMAIL" -F "password=USER_YOUR_PASSWORD" "https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token"

3. ramonneke

ramonneke Member

Ok issue was that my tesla account was blocked.

• Like x 1
  4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

#64 HankLloydRight, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Ok, I've just added some new enhancements to my secure Tesla API Token Generator

To recap, you can generate an API token using my script and only sending your credentials directly to Tesla. No middleman. No variables to set up. No script editing. No command line. Just a few clicks to install the script. Works in any modern browser.

See my original post here for simple install directions here: Post #47

I've now added the ability to view/download all your referral information that you can see in the Loot Box, but here you can get access to it all in a web page without using the mobile app or the TESLA ACCOUNT page. Includes order date, delivery date, and name of each referrer.

I've also added the ability to load/display your 'Loot Box' just like it is displayed in the mobile app.

The script also can download all the information for any vehicles linked to your car. A quick and dirty way to check /api/1/vehicles and /data.

If you've already installed the script, just go to your Tampermonkey Dashboard and click on the "Last Updated" column to install the latest version:

upload_2018-11-26_16-45-7.png

That's it. Then all you need to do is go to Tesla's own website to get started: https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token

upload_2018-11-26_16-51-56.png