Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla-apiscraper: Yet another selfhosted Teslog/Teslafi alternative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

i put sth together..

driving_dash.png

charging_dash.png

lephisto/tesla-apiscraper

hf

Got this running last night. Something happened during the day and the service wasn't publishing new data to the DB (but never crashed and was still running) so I lost about a day of records. I didn't have time to debug this but killing the process and restarting it got the data back. Will monitor to see if this recurs.

dashboard is nice!
What about us non-geek win10 standard users? Any possibility to have a nice simple selfcontained no-installation-needed executable for win10?

You can run this on a new windows machine if you download and use the ubuntu native vm package on windows. Open 'ubuntu' from start and follow the instillation commands. Not all the commands work on the windows ubuntu virtual environment but it supports what you need to run this locally. Just please make sure your comp isn't visible to anything except your local network.

[edit] be sure to check the issue page for any problems you encounter, someone may have already figured out what to do: lephisto/tesla-apiscraper

• Informative
Reactions: f205v
You can run this on a new windows machine if you download and use the ubuntu native vm package on windows. Open 'ubuntu' from start and follow the instillation commands. Not all the commands work on the windows ubuntu virtual environment but it supports what you need to run this locally. Just please make sure your comp isn't visible to anything except your local network.
Thank you very much for your help.
I just discovered that WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) exists!
So I went to the trouble to enable and install it in my Windows machine, and then started following the instructions on your website.
It took a couple of hours to figure it out (WSL is not supporting systemd, and that was a sort of stoppage till I found how to get around it) and now I have both InfluxDB and Grafana up and running, tesla db created and grafana plugins installed.
Now I come to the following instruction on your website:
Code:
Import the Dashboard JSON Files included in this repository.
but I really do not know which command /procedure I must use to "import" JSON files.

Would you please be so kind and help me out?
Thank you in advance for your support.

Thank you very much for your help.
I just discovered that WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) exists!
So I went to the trouble to enable and install it in my Windows machine, and then started following the instructions on your website.
It took a couple of hours to figure it out (WSL is not supporting systemd, and that was a sort of stoppage till I found how to get around it) and now I have both InfluxDB and Grafana up and running, tesla db created and grafana plugins installed.
Now I come to the following instruction on your website:
Code:
Import the Dashboard JSON Files included in this repository.
but I really do not know which command /procedure I must use to "import" JSON files.

Would you please be so kind and help me out?
Thank you in advance for your support.

Click the "+" on the webpage and select import. Then you have to select each of the json files. Driving, Charging, and Climate. You will need to have the json files on the computer you are using the browser to setup the web interface. Sounds like it might be the same machine for you.