Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla-apiscraper: Yet another selfhosted Teslog/Teslafi alternative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the Temperature C to F:

You can do this by yourself:

Add Template Variable "tempfactor", type "custom", Value: "* 9 / 5 + 32" and add math($tempfactor) where you need it.

I will probably include this in v2019.4 release, which is on the way.

Thanks Mephisto,
I got v2019.v2 working on a RaspberryPi yesterday. (It needed a few little tweaks, but nothing major.) I will try v4 at some point.

After my experiments yesterday, I stopped the apiscraper script, but it appears my car didn't sleep overnight - based on range loss and instant-app connect this morning.

Car settings:
Energy Saving - On
Always Connected - Off

Have you seen anything like this before?

I think I'd like to set this up on my Pi. Any recommended minimum storage space requirements? Do I need to connect external hd to the Pi?
Also what would be the easiest way to access the dashboard if the Pi is headless?
Thanks!

I really want to try this but am a little stuck with the import of the JSON files.

I have Grafana set up and running. I've set up InfluxDB as the source.

github says "Import the Dashboard JSON Files included in this repository". Excuse my dimness, but which repository are we talking about and which files exactly? In the /var/lib/grafana/plugins/ directory, I now have the grafana-trackmap-panel which has a package.json and a package-lock.json files and the natel-discrete-panel which has a package.json, a tsconfig.jest.json and a tsconfig.json set of files.

Clicking on the + in Grafana is to create a dashboard, so do I end up with as many dashboards as JSON files ?

I really want to try this but am a little stuck with the import of the JSON files.

I have Grafana set up and running. I've set up InfluxDB as the source.

github says "Import the Dashboard JSON Files included in this repository". Excuse my dimness, but which repository are we talking about and which files exactly? In the /var/lib/grafana/plugins/ directory, I now have the grafana-trackmap-panel which has a package.json and a package-lock.json files and the natel-discrete-panel which has a package.json, a tsconfig.jest.json and a tsconfig.json set of files.

Clicking on the + in Grafana is to create a dashboard, so do I end up with as many dashboards as JSON files ?

I know you posted this a while back but I downloaded the files to my windows desktop and imported them into Grafana by choosing Create ==> Import.

These dashboards are amazing BTW.

"the files" which ones exactly?

I downloaded the .json files from the below folder in the git repository locally to my windows PC.

grafana-dashboards

then from within grafana (http://server:3000) I was able to hit the + button on the left side and choose import. I did this on the same windows machine I downloaded the .json files to so it was super easy. This would be essential if you are using a Raspi which I am going to eventually port over to.

Hope this helps

Fantastic work @mephisto!

I plan to host an instance via Dockers in my Synology NAS. Won't have a go at it until I get home from work. Did a quick search in the Dockers repository and found someone had already created and submitted one:

Curious if 'Markusdd' is someone on TMC?
If you happen to do this, would you mind sharing your steps? Was hoping to throw this onto my Syn NAS as well, but will put it onto th e Pi if it doesn't work well. Appreciate it in advance!