Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App 3.8.0 and 48.12.1 - Charging Notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i searched but could not find this exact subject.

Prior to 48.12.1 I would get a notification when charging started and the current SOC. I would get another notification when charging completed and new SOC. After the latest update I no longer receive the charging complete update. When I check first thing in the morning it is charged where I set it.

I charge during the night due to TOU and with colder weather I have tried to set charging time to complete just prior to the end of Off-peak hours. It was always nice to check the phone in the morning and verify the end charging time.

iPhone 6S with iOS 12.1.2.

Anyone else seeing this?

Your notifications likely got turned off in the app, like mine did.

(instructions on iPhones to re enable.. not sure on the android app).

1. Open tesla app. Click GEAR in upper left hand side of app home screen
2. Find "Notifications". Touch it to open up notification settings
3. Re enable "charging started" and "charging complete" notifications (and any other in this screen you want).

Your notifications likely got turned off in the app, like mine did.

(instructions on iPhones to re enable.. not sure on the android app).

1. Open tesla app. Click GEAR in upper left hand side of app home screen
2. Find "Notifications". Touch it to open up notification settings
3. Re enable "charging started" and "charging complete" notifications (and any other in this screen you want).

Thanks. That was the first thing I checked. All three charge notifications are enabled.

I will go back and disable and the re-enable the Charge Started, Charge Onterrupted and Charge Complete notifications. I am charging again tonight.

Thanks. That was the first thing I checked. All three charge notifications are enabled.

I will go back and disable and the re-enable the Charge Started, Charge Onterrupted and Charge Complete notifications. I am charging again tonight.

I contacted Tesla about it, known bug they are working on, I’m having same issues on my 3 and X. I get other notifications though, weird

I contacted Tesla about it, known bug they are working on, I’m having same issues on my 3 and X. I get other notifications though, weird

Thanks for the info that it is a known Tesla problem being worked on.

I went ahead yesterday and removed and re-installed the app and re-enabled all three charging notifications. This morning I was still missing the charge complete notification!

• Informative
Reactions: noicepls