Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app 4.7.1 slow to connect to Powerwall and car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Is it just me or anyone else finding the latest version of the Tesla app slow
Months ago, well from day 1 two years ago, I could always open the app to view solar input/discharge etc. and the response was almost instant. Now it takes up to 30 seconds sometimes.
The latest version also takes ages to wake the car. The previous version was fine. Unless of course it‘s the last software update (2022.8.3) that‘s causing bother.
anyone finding similar?

Reactions: browellm
Is it just me or anyone else finding the latest version of the Tesla app slow
Months ago, well from day 1 two years ago, I could always open the app to view solar input/discharge etc. and the response was almost instant. Now it takes up to 30 seconds sometimes.
The latest version also takes ages to wake the car. The previous version was fine. Unless of course it‘s the last software update (2022.8.3) that‘s causing bother.
anyone finding similar?
There is an update 4.7.2 available today

Reactions: Dilly
Yep - same here. No PW to compare - but it seems to take an age to wake the car now from my phone (IOS). Feels like it’s been like this for months from my perspective. Didn’t use to take this long. Wonder if it’s a trade off to lower battery losses in some way.

Not sure if the app or the car. I used to walk out, press the button to release the home charger and off I went. Now I end up stood there like a right toilet and have to open a door and wait for the relay to click into life before I can remove the charger. Something has definitely changed but not sure if it’s car or app related

I didn’t try try the updated app last night just to leave the car asleep.
this morning took just 8 seconds to wake it.
car is plugged in but charger is set not to charge (Zappi stop mode). Tesla app is showing that it will accept 48 amps! I not seen that before and my Zappi isn’t 3 phase so won’t get beyond 32 amps.
Powerwall side of the app more responsive too. :D

The Android app is still on 4.7.1 (for me anyway) and does seem to take a while to connect. Whilst it's connecting the padlock icon defaults to show unlocked, and sometimes the icon remains unlocked for a good bit longer once it's actually connected, which gets you wondering if the car really is unlocked before everything settles down eventually.